need help guys

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Phil_O, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Phil_O

Phil_O Stunt Coordinator

My roommate bought his girlfriend a really cheap DVD player by Mintek. Currently in our apt. we have a nice Sony S360 (the Sony actually belongs to him). He now wants to give her that one and use the Mintek in the HT. He says he wants to use that one because *it plays karaoke and MP3s* WHAT??!! He's serious. Anybody know about the quality of this player? Is it even close to that of the Sony? Please tell him he's crazy for me, I've already tried.

2. Lee Petty

Lee Petty Stunt Coordinator

i sure wouldnt swap it out.

3. Jeff D

Jeff D Supporting Actor

Why you're at it you might as well plug a blender into any outlets on your receiver. =)

Minitek is a cheap korean (i believe) dvd player. I'm be surprised if the mintek doesn't hum from the player/mic inputs. Maybe the hum will drive him nuts.

I'd never think of swapping out a decient player for a crappy one with lots of cool features. My apex is used for only a few special occasions, the apex is of similar "quality".

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Keep the Sony. It is a much, much better player than the Mintek. The sub-$100 DVD players at Best Buy and Circuit City are not reliable, and the picture quality is below par.

5. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

The Mintek is a paper weight, no more no less.

6. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

If you get DVD Etc. magazine in your area, you need to read the story in the current issue about ultra-cheap offbrand DVD players. It makes me shudder to think some people are using those types of players as a means of introducing themselves to the wonders of DVD-Video.