What's new

Need help choosing $100 to $200 Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Mountainbike

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
I have been lurking on the board for a couple weeks now since I purchased my new TV(Sony 46W5100). I am trying to find a sub in the $100 to $200 range. I have an Onkyo HT-RC160 receiver and the Klipsch Quintet III that I just purchased(not even setup). My room is 21x10 with 9ft ceiling and ceramic tile floor. The sofa is in the middle of the room 10ft. from the television.It will be used mainly for watching movies. The only time I will be listening to music will be background noise with the kids.I would like to get some better speakers at a later date strictly for listening to music but that will probably be in a different room anyway. I mostly watch movies at night with my wife while the kids are sleeping(they are 2 and 5)so it will still be a few years before I can get really loud. So I would like something that will sound clean. I know the Klipsch quintet III is not the cleanest set of speakers but for the amount($229) it was the best I heard. I know that I am asking a lot on such a small budget. Reading the message board is why I ended up with the Onkyo and the Klipsch Quintet so I look forward to what you guys come up with.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
BIC America F12 and Premier Acoustic PA-120. I don't own either, but I'm also looking to upgrade my sub, and have been doing some reading. They're very popular and possibly the best under $200. Each has it's own thread at Avsforum.

Mountainbike

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I ordered the Bic America F12. Ordered from BLT so I still have a couple of weeks before delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks