What's new

Need Advice - Swan speakers + SVS sub (1 Viewer)

Mark.D

Agent
Hi Y'all... I just bit the bullet and ordered my 7.1 system minus the sub.

I got:

Swan 6.1 front speakers: $1299
Swan C3 Center Speaker: $499
Swan R3 Dipole Rear Speakers: $599
Swan R3 Dipole Side Speakers: $599
Total: $2996

Swan's "Theater Reference Package" comes with all of the above for a 7.1 setup, plus TWO 250 watt Swan Sub10's... I've heard the Swan speakers are great and come close to the B&W's as far as peformance goes... but their subs are okay, but not that great.

So I'm looking to order an SVS PC-Ultra 525 Watt cylindrical sub for $1149... its all black, I'm not too concerned about necessarily matching the Swans as it will be in a corner and the Swan's all have black gloss tops and bottoms anyway's to compliment the rosewood...

I just wanted to check with you guys that I wasnt making a huge mistake mixing SVS with Swans... Seems to me as long as the other speakers match, Bass is Bass? Cool?

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
With bass, it does not matter.Most companies who have great mains, etc do not have subs (in the same price class), that can compete with SVS, HSU, etc.

I have the 16-46pc+. It is AWESOME!!!

mackie

Supporting Actor

I don't find that to be true. I own a pair swains and they are decent, but they are not in the same league as the B&W's especially the Nautilus series.

My experience is you get what you pay for with Swan, but they're not the amazing bang for the buck some say they are. FYI - I believe the rosewood finish is vinyl now and not solid wood.

I'm okay with the 4.1s I have for what I paid for them. I feel they perform about like any other $500 pair of speakers. I would of been very, very disappointed if I paid for the rosewood finish since it doesn't add anything acoustically and substantially raises the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks