What's new

NCAA 2004 Is Here! (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I was goofing around in NCAA and played an exhibition game with Texas Tech versus Notre Dame. For some strange reason, I felt like running Mike Leach's offense and simply decided to chuck the ball all over the place. Using five minute quarters, I attempted about 55 passes for 403 yards and 12 rushes for 103. The score was 48 to 45. That game was fun. And there was much rejoicing.

Hey Brandon, how's UK's playbook this year? I hear it's more snap under center and I formation oriented.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Holy smoke Dome! What level are you playing at? I can't complete that many passes for that much yardage as UCLA, but am at All American. Do I just suck? Or is ND's secondary bad? Or is TT's offense just awesome?

Oh, and I realized that some schools have as much as 100+ kids on their roster. Really EA should bump the rosters up from 55 to at least 65 or more. The reason is that injuries are high, and I've lost four guys now, two in the secondary, and a backup WR has to play DB now. :frowning:

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Holy smoke Dome! What level are you playing at? I can't complete that many passes for that much yardage as UCLA, but am at All American. Do I just suck? Or is ND's secondary bad? Or is TT's offense just awesome?
I was playing at Varsity level.

TT's offense has a way of moving the ball, but it requires a hell of a lot of short passes.

I'm playing at All-American right now. I'm in my third year of my dynasty. I've got the passing game down, and I take very, very few down the field shots.

I'm improving thirty yards every year in rushing: (30 1st, 60 2nd, and 90 avg in my third year).

I still attempt thirty, forty passes a game. My completion percentage is around 75% right now, but I know I can do better.

How's everybody in their dynasty?

And is it my imagination or is it that much harder to win the Heisman with a quarterback? My game favors running backs a lot.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I'm in the 2nd year of my dynasty with UL Monroe. I'm 5-2 at this point and I've slacked off with the game a bit. Damn KOTOR and Mario Golf. :P

I lost to Auburn and UCF to start the year but have managed to get back on track. Man, do I need a quality RB and QB. I just got a very good freshman QB, but I'm really terrible at the passing game. I'm still working on it though. With 7 minute quarters I'm only averaging about 300 yards of total offense. I need to really pick it up.

Glen

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I am in the fourth year of my dynasty as UCLA at All-American level. SI's cover to begin this new year has UCLA's 40-game win streak on it. :D

I'm running a more balanced offense: about 55/45 pass/run. I average about 140 yards rushing gained (but liek 50 yards lost in sacks so 90 yards net), and about 300 yards passing, though my completion percentage hovers more or less around 55-60%. I throw about 2.5X as many TDs than picks (was 40/15 last year when Moore got the Best QB trophy and finished 4th in Heisman balloting). I find myself scheduling top-10 teams in my non-conference, playing the top-25 ranked PAC-10 teams, and simulating the cupcake games.

Soon I plan to start my new dynasty after I move apartments this weekend. I'm not sure if I'll choose some really bad team in a great conference, or create my own school and make it mediocre (3-star) rating and put it in a conference or as an independent...

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
I'm in my 2nd year with K-State, and my Heisman winner (Darren Sproles) was injured in the first game of this season. TEN FREAKIN' WEEKS!! My QB isn't horrible, but this damn game makes me drop too many open passes. Pisses me off!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks