What's new

National Tax Correspondence School (1 Viewer)

Chris Lanni

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christopher
Go here and tell me what you think.

They are a correspondence school for current and subsequent tax codes. I am thinking about doing it, but wonder if there is anybody who has, and what his/her experience has/had been.

Gods Love
chris

Thanks ahead of time...

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
For $650 bucks I'd pass. I'm sure all the necessary material is available for free through the IRS and/or a public library. Any of the tax software available might teach one as much as studying books......it's how I learned double enrty accounting ;)

Mort

Chris Lanni

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christopher
Mort

I agree with your comment about the IRS/library. When my wife and I moved into our first home, I spent days reading IRS Pubs. finding out what I could and could not claim. I had never even seen an itemized deduction till then, and it was an eye opener. I was also thinking that it might be a nice supplemental income as a tax preparer. I think that it is most helpful since they send you materials and you actually fill out the tax forms for the sample taxpayer, and they tell you what you did wrong. This way you see what goes on without having to go online every time you need an example from the IRS.

Gods Love
chris

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Just seemed ???fishy?? Maybe I'm just a tad cynical when someone offers to send you materials for a good deal of up front money so you can start your own business.....kinda like the old "stuff envelopes and home in your spare time and earn extra money".

IIRC, places like H&R block will train you to do tax work then hire you for the season. I'd still just get a Turbo Tax program (or the like) and learn from its input.

Good luck in whatever endeavor you decide to persue.

Mort (who hates even thinking about income tax in August)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Maybe I'm just a tad cynical when someone offers to send you materials for a good deal of up front money so you can start your own business

Then what do you think of colleges that charge you thousands of dollars in the hopes you might be able to get a job someday?

I guess people shouldn't be allowed to sell educational books, either. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.