What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
FerrisBuellersDayOff_4K_UHD_Front.jpg

June 5th is Ferris Bueller Day and to mark this momentous event we are…taking the day off.

But not before announcing that fans can experience FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF in all of its brilliant glory when it arrives for the first time on 4K Ultra HD digital and disc August 1, 2023 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

Writer/director John Hughes’ seminal comedy about a high school student’s wild adventures in the Windy City during a single, magnificent day off continues to be enjoyed, quoted, and revered. The enduring classic captures the uproarious antics of Ferris and his friends as they relish the freedom of being not quite grown up.

This remastered 4K Ultra HD release features Dolby Vision™ and HDR-10, as well as Dolby Atmos® audio for a wonderfully immersive and liberating experience*. The release also includes John Hughes’ original director’s commentary, which has not been available on disc since the first DVD release in 1999, along with access to a digital copy of the film and the following legacy bonus content:
  • Commentary with Director John Hughes
  • Getting the Class Together: The Cast of Ferris Bueller's Day Off
  • The Making of Ferris Bueller's Day Off
  • Who is Ferris Bueller?
  • The World According to Ben Stein
  • Vintage Ferris Bueller: The Lost Tapes

Matthew Broderick stars as the delightfully charming Ferris who, with his girlfriend Sloane (Mia Sara) and best bud Cameron (Alan Ruck), ditches school to enjoy one perfect day as a kid with no responsibilities. In 2014, FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF was added to the Library of Congress’ National Film Registry, which serves as a compendium of films that have been judged to be culturally, aesthetically, or historically important.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking this up along with Weird Science.

Just waiting on The Breakfast Club.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking this up in .Steelbook fashion. The Hughes commentary is unexpected as I heard it wasn't going to be included on any future home video releases after the DVD way back when. Crossing my fingers we get a great transfer, and not the bad.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Standard release for me. Already have the 1080p Steelbook and unless that artwork changes it's the exact same outside & inside.
Let's see I've bought this on:
1)VHS
2)DVD
3)Blu-ray
4)Steelbook Blu-ray
5)Itunes digital
6)soon to be 4k
this looks like the end of the road, I don't think I'm going to get up to "9 times"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks