What's new

Nanny 911 (1 Viewer)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I usually don't watch these types of shows, because I find them absolutely obnoxious, but as I am flipping through the channels and I see these screaming out of control children I stopped to see what they deal was.

My goodness this family had no control and these kids were running arond back talking, hitting, screaming and just completely losing it! They called in a nanny service to help them out and she had one week to get these kids on a routine.

The parents were told that there would be no more yelling, that the kids had to be on a routine and that time out was a must. Uh...hello, common sense would tell me that not some nanny!

I just thank my lucky star that I have two wonderful very well behaved kids that do not throw tantrums and scream or act the way these kids did.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I amshamed to say I watched it last night while doing cardio at the gym. (Actually did an extra 20 minutes so I could watch the ending.) I thought Nanny911 was actually pretty good.

I'm not a parent but I can't believe the things the boys were getting away with. When I was a kid if I would have even thought of doing half the things they did my butt would have gotten a major wuppin.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Obviously, they are taking some very extreme cases, but as a parent, I think Nanny 911 is great. All parents can learn something from the show. Sure it's common sense what the nannys are doing, but even the most perfect parents can learn a thing or two from watching. If anything, it re-affirms the notion that good parenting is a team effort and even the most unruly kids can be brought under control.

Those boys though were holy terrors. Good call by the nanny figuring that bringing the oldest one in line was the key to the rest. He was obviously the ring leader with the way he would stir up trouble and kind of walk away acting all innocent. Devious little sucker, that one. One thing I noticed that I wish they had addressed was what the parents were feeding the kids. It looked to me that they were consuming too much sugar and caffeine. At dinner, they got Coke. The dad was secretly letting them try coffee and the kids were screaming for iced tea. The way the 9 year old was acting during his timeout looked really odd too. He was fidgeting and spazzing out like he was on something. Maybe those parents should pay attention to what they let their kids eat and drink.

Anyhow, I think the show is great. Can't wait for the next episode.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
"these two parents are not on the same page."

This line seems to have been delivered by the Nanny in both episodes- twice i think in the first...

Odd.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Children are great manipulators in working parents against each other, any disagreement on bedtime routines, meals, homework, etc, and the kids will latch on the more forgiving parent and play victim against the other parent. It is 100% true that the parents need to be exactly on the same page regarding basic rules.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor

Only when at the gym. They always have one of the TVs in front of the cardio machines that I like set to the local Fox station.

It's getting pretty repetitive already.

However it's still amazing to see what these parents let their kids do. If I would have misbehaved and backtalked the way a lot of the little monsters do, I'd still be grounded. (And I'm 35.)

If you're asking in a big picture way; it's ranking middle of the pack (#50) in the Neilson's.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I'm still watching it, although I find it slightly annoying that the episode that airs is never the one the preview the week before. I'm STILL waiting for the hot nanny, Yvonne, to get a turn.

The last episode with the yelling, spanking Italian dad was great. That guy had serious anger management issues. Plus, it was sad to see his wife try to disguise her sadness by putting up the smiling facade and say everything is great. From the nanny's standpoint, it must not have been much of a challenge. She identified pretty early on that fixing the relationship between the dad and the oldest son would make everyone else fall into step.

I really like the show a lot. Hope it continues for another season.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
It's pretty amusing. We're watching about every other episode and we (my wife too for different reasons) are waiting for Yvonne (the young one) to be on. We're tired of watching Stella.

The way last night ep was going, I thought it was going to be a two parter since they hadn't really resolved it until about 10 minutes left.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
We watched it for the first time last night..quite amusing.

We have a 3 year old and felt a bit better about how we're raising her compared to the train wreck method the family last night had going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks