What's new

Cold Case and other current top shows? (1 Viewer)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Is Cold Case ever going to be released on DVD, this is a great show and just wondering why it hasn't been released yet, I would love to own it on DVD along with other current shows that still haven't been released like

Holby City (1999)
Nanny 911 (2004)
Supernanny (2004)
Close To Home (2005)
South Of Nowhere (2005)
America's Next Top Model (They released Cycle 1 but what about the rest)
Supernanny (2005)
Angela's Eyes (2006)
Beyond the Break (2006)
Blood Ties (2006)
Hannah Montana (2006) - in season sets
Canadian Idol
Hidden Palms (2007)
Holby Blue (2007)
Painkiller Jane (2007)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Cold Case uses a lot of licensed music in each episode and that makes releasing the show DVD very expensive.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
hope they will eventually work something out this is currently my favourite show currently on Season 3 at the moment.

brett tolino

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
brett tolino
I've been waiting for Cold Case on dvd for a while now.

They say music licensing is holding it up but what I don't understand is in today's environment, almost every new show comes out on dvd. So, with this in mind, when they license the music for the episode itself, why don't they include in the contract that the license extends to dvd sales as well?

This seems pretty common sense.

If the studio states that dvd sales in the contract make the music 'that' much more expensive, then the producers should consider different music for the episode when it airs, ones that aren't so expensive and that prohibit dvd releasing.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
In most cases, they do. Cold Case is just a special case. Besides, television is produced on a very tight schedule and home video revenue is still not a big enough percentage of a successful TV show to make a hold-up over music rights a deal-breaker.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I am pretty sure i recall during an htf chat a couple years back the studio saying Cold Case would never be released on DVD period.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing

I really hope thats not true, the music is good but would be happy for changes to be made.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Wasn't PJ just canceled by Sci Fi and completed it's only season? It's a bit early to be looking for a release, no? (I'd guess it's coming since Dresden-a similar Sci Fi one season show-is already out.)

brett tolino

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
brett tolino

Can anyone verify if this is true? Not to doubt the post, but at least if we know its not or ever will come on dvd, we can start taping them on VHS!

So THERE studios!

htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Even better, we can tape them ourselves on dvd!

So DOUBLE there, studio!

htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks