What's new

My Tumult enclosure is finished! (1 Viewer)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
I just thought I'd share a picture of my finished Tumult enclosure. Rather than retype the entire description of it, I'll just link to the page on my website. So without further ado, just click here!

Peter_A_M

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, it looks fantastic, Brian! I built a sub with a similar design, but I'm beginning to see the advantages years of box-building experience can give a guy. :D

A few questions: Is that a marble top? How'd you manage to round the corners? What kind of veneer did you use? Do you ever plan on moving it around?

But again, great job. :emoji_thumbsup: Is this one for you or for one of your customers?

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Peter,

You must not have read the description, huh? :) It's a faux marble finish. I used a template to round the corners. You used to be able to buy them at HD or Lowes. I don't know if they still sell them or not. It's a piece of thick plastic with a different sized radius on all 4 corners. It goes from 1" up to 2.5" I believe. I used cherry veneer. As far as moving it around, not by myself! The enclosure itself was 65 lbs. before adding the legs or top. And the driver will add another 60 lbs. or so.

This baby is MINE! :D

george king

Supporting Actor
Brian,

Beautiful work as usual.:D You will have to provide lots of details of how it sounds when the drivers get in.

Have fun.

Dean Mar

Stunt Coordinator
Brian

That is one beautiful sub, absolute furniture quality. It makes my black Formica laminated sub look very boring. How many years have you been doing enclosures ?

Hopefully when I get my Tumult, I will forget about the bland look of my sub and be overwhelmed with the great sound of it. :)

Peter_A_M

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,

I just took another look at your webpage, then saw the full description of the sub, then rushed back here to see if I could edit my post in time, but you had already commented on my hasty reply. :b Who has the time to read descriptions, anyway?

Seth_L

Screenwriter
So no comment on the enclosure itself huh? It must suck to be such an angry young man.
The enclosure is nice. For the record I'm not an angry person. I just use the angry smilies when tumults and waiting are mentioned. I think it's a conditioned pavlonian response. :angry:

Andrus_R

Stunt Coordinator
Kick ass work, Brian.

Very high WAF plus it would make a beautiful end table eh? That marble finish is tripping me out.:)

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Nice job, good thing my girlfriend isn't here to see it, otherwise she would be putting me to work to try and make a copy of yours. I keep on telling her the mdf with black spray paint is stylish enough:D

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Those faux marble finsihes are really nice and they aren't hard to do once you get the technique down. I did it to my first sonosub and it worked very well. Nice work brian

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
only one pic? what a tease!
good lookin sub MR B. :)
the corner radius is a nice touch. to me it seems to give the marble finished top a massive look.

oh ya, the corner templates can still be bought online, havent seen em at lowes or HD though.

Mark_J_H_Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,

Now I absolutely must get out to see you and your latest masterpiece. :emoji_thumbsup:

Looks like a real labor of love.

Chris Keen

Stunt Coordinator
Very nice work Brian.

What is this corner template thing? What was it used to do on the sub? Looks to me like you used round-over bits? As far as the faux marble finish, is there any place you can recommend (weblink) or a book or whatever on how to do some stuff like that?

Again, very sexy looking work.

Chris

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
That is one beautiful sub, absolute furniture quality. It makes my black Formica laminated sub look very boring.
Ditto. :frowning: I'm not going to click on any of Brian's posts any more, they're too depressing.

Seriously, though, that's stunning. :emoji_thumbsup: Excellent work as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks