What's new

My Tumult enclosure is finished! (1 Viewer)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Chris,

The top edge was rounded over with a roundover bit. But the curved corners have to cut using a template and a flush trim bit.

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
here is the mystical corner cutter guide thingy.
...now back to the sub. ya, brian, tell us how to do the marble finish.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Jeff,

Here is how you do the marble finish...

#1: Decide to do Faux Marble finish...

#2: Find skilled artisan lady nearby and pay her small fee...

Right Brian? :D

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
WOW! That is one beautiful sub Brian.:emoji_thumbsup: You have put a premium effort forth on that sub. Maybe I ought to reconsider? Great job and will serve another purpose at the same time.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,

Brett is correct. The lady in the shop next to us in an artist. For what she charged me (and assuming she continues to charge me the same) it's not worth my time to even try it. It's cheap enough that I can charge a reasonable price and still make money on it.

Steve,

Thanks for the compliment. As far as reconsidering, I think so, but that's just IMHO! Unless of course you want a truck bed liner sub in your home. :)

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
Most people think my truck bed liner finish is some sort of exotic kind of finish. When you see the spray out of context (not in the back of a truck) it looks pretty good. My Tumult will also use cherry veneer.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Craig,

The truck bedliner comment was a bit of a joke to Steve since he's considering buying one of the new SVS box subs.

Patrick,

I'm all ears! All I can come up with is the Bung(e)Hole Subwoofer! :)

DavidY

Supporting Actor
Great looking sub, Brian....luv that faux marble look. We need more pics. :D

Dave

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I remember coming over here a few times and you DIY'ers are a down right brutal group of eccentric individuals... With a cinsahumor of course.______________

So Brian you don't think my 64 3/4 inch stack would look very good ha? Just yesterday my wife was going to hang a picture there and I said fine but you know another sub will be covering it up soon so you might want to reconsider?__________________

Brian you should also know the truck-bed liner crack was just way out of line. Totally fine with me x's 4 but not accepted here on the Forum unless it pertains to Bose or Velodyne and a host of other Co. imo. This is a exaggeration but has a little truth to it?????? Or come to think of it you DIY'ers probably get away with it over here bashing any Co. you want to because for the $$ you just can't be beet?______________

I better tip-toe out of here now and Go fire up the Mighty Little DLS
:D :D :D :D :D I will be in touch Brian again soon and once more worth repeating>> Fantastic looking and am sure performing sub.:emoji_thumbsup:

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Steve,

Thanks for the compliments. I really appreciate it. And believe it or not, we really don't bash other companies over here. :)

Also, I sent you a PM a while back because I was wanting to know what you're using as mains. You'd mentioned wanting to upgrade them and I was just wondering what you were using now and what you were considering. Just curious.

I hate pm'ing, so if you want send me an email: [email protected]

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I think it looks pleasing and flexible enough to fit home interiors since it resembles a table. Has a cozy appeal with the soft round curves and balanced proportions. The Marble texture helps make it look more modern while the contrast of the black/cherry helps it stand out.

It looks like it could easily be a small cabinet or drawer which probably helps the WAF factor. I also like the craftsmanship and choice of color. It's also nice that you took a photo with the white linen background.

:emoji_thumbsup:

But I think we all know that the real beauty lies within. :)

Cam S

Screenwriter
Did I miss something Steve, cuz I'm trying to find out what the heck your talking about??

Troy_j

Agent
Corner template:?
Why I would search the kitched looking for a lid that was the correct diameter and ......well, I'm just too cheap..

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Well Cam some pertains to the previous page, some pertains to private mails-other conversations between me and Brian and some pertains to the finish of the new SVS PB1-ISD that was mentioned-ribbed and some pertains to just allot of plain kidding around.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks