What's new

My Tumult enclosure is finished! (1 Viewer)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Troy,

That would work, but you'd have to cut it with a saber saw and then sand it to get a perfect curve. With the template, you simply clamp it on the MDF and use a flush trim bit to follow the radius. Perfect, curves every time and a lot less time consuming.

Plus, I got mine on clearance for $12! :)

Troy_j

Agent
Brian, you do killer work! Everyting I've seen of yours looks great.

See I'm just working up my shop, and so far it's just a table saw, cicular saw, a coulple of drills, a plam sander, jig saw, misc clamps, and some GLUE and SCREWS!;)
My next tool will be a router, and associated guides ect..

Take care and best wishes...

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
When you buy a router, I'd suggest making sure that you have one with both a 1/4" and 1/2" collet. Many larger roundover bits have 1/2" shanks.

AllanRW

Second Unit
That is just fine with me:laugh:
On a few designs using Liner spray.
Hard to justify spending the money on veneer that out costs the drivers :D
So we need a cheap but durable finish to make them a finished product.

Nothing like veneer but sometimes even Brian will say that customers just do not have the cash for veneer.
So this is my pick for another finishing method.
And the jabs pointed at me are fine, as I have another method over veneer at 1/3 the cost that still gets someones project finished.Correct.

And I keep the source of comments in mind.:)

Rich X

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,
Truly beautiful work. Just remember when all the new customers start lining up to get their Tumults after seeing your work, that mine come first;)

One other question: Do you think you would be able to set a glass of scotch on that "end table" without it being thrown off?

Rich

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
One other question: Do you think you would be able to set a glass of scotch on that "end table" without it being thrown off?
That I can't honestly say since I don't have the driver yet. If it were a Tempest, I'd say probably so. But with the Tumult, I don't even know if the 120 lbs. or so enclosure would be heavy enough to keep a glass from dancing around. Now, maybe if you had some sort of rubber coaster...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks