What's new

My Super Ex-Girlfriend (1 Viewer)

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
My wife and I saw this before X-Men 3. The whole theater was laughing pretty hard. I thought it looked just OK. But we might give it a try during the $5.00 days at our theater.

It stars Luke Wilson and Uma Thurman. I believe it's directed by Ivan Reitman.

Oh and I searched HTF for the title and got 500 hits but didn't go past the 1st page of search hits.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I was originally thinking of waiting for the dvd but I feel kind of obligated to see it because a buddy of mine worked on the film. Hopefully it'll be a good funny time.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
When watching the trailer I was thinking, oh great another cookie cutter romance ripoff. Then the superhero kicked in. I laughed outloud at her throwing the shark. Overall, looks like a hoot. :D

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The trilaer looked like they were playing it too broad for my taste, but I'll likely check it out at some point.

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
God, I dunno. Looks kind of dumb.

I like superhero flicks
I can dig a good romantic comedy
but I don't know that the two of them really need to be put together.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'd heard about this before seeing the trailer and I was quite interested in the premise. In my mind I was seeing a superhero struggling with doing the right thing, taking the high road - when it's something personal and, in comparison to saving the world, trivial. But the trailer presented it like she's a total psycho. She might as well have been a witch or a demon. Of course it could be just the trailer, so I'm hoping there's a little more substance to the film than just her going all Fatal Attraction, but with super powers.

mark alan

Supporting Actor
And here I thought this would be a story of the great thing is ex did, like bring breakfast in bed to him and his new girlfriend.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo

If you are referring to the fact that "Bedazzled" is an Ivan Reitman film, then I hate to disappoint you. That film was directed by Harold Ramis.

Although if you are saying that it's in the same vein and you enjoyed it, then yes, I would agree with you on that. I didn't think that film was half bad myself.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I know I am going to get killed for this. But, I really don't find Uma that good looking. I am not saying she is ugly. She just doesn't do it for me. Sorry Uma fans. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Where the hell was my brain at!? I knew that Harold Ramis directed that but for some reason I got him mixed up with Ivan Reitman. :confused: My bad and thanks for correction or I would have went all year thinking that. ;)

My comment still stands, though, with the exception of Junior i've loved all of Ivan's films. :emoji_thumbsup:

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Well it may not be in the running come oscar time but it looks like it has promise. I'll make it a date flick, my girlfriend will definitely get a kick out of it after the fight we had a few weeks ago....she didn't have a shark at the time, but if she had.....;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks