What's new

"My So-Called Life" pre-pre-order (1 Viewer)

nousername

Supporting Actor
Go to the My So-Called Life website and submit your e-mail address if you are interested in purchasing a DVD box set of all 19 episodes.
This is similar to (but not the same as) last year's petition. This time, the manufacturer wants to know how many people are actually seriously interested in purchasing the box set directly online.
------------------

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
If I had the dough, this is a great series. I agree that a box set of the whole works is the way to do it. Buying 3 or 4 episodes with the chance no more may be produced is risky.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Aaron Ulmer

Agent
As a fan of the series (actually, my wife introduced me), I'm all for a box set of this series. Hopefully there will be enough interest in this title for BMG to release it.
However, I would want assurances that my money will be safely refunded if the project never gets off the ground. Hopefully this is a legitimate offer from an actual BMG employee.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Aaron, I think you're misunderstanding the plea - it's a plea for firm commitments of purchase. Basically saying, "yes, I am definitely interested in a MSCL boxset & would preorder it if available". There's no money being solicitied nor credit card numbers being requested.
It's a way of BMG to get a much better idea of the size of the fanbase.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Aaron Ulmer

Agent
I've already signed the petition. My concern is that if and when it comes time to pre-order, it's BMG I'm sending my payment to.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I am glad this was posted.
I read the information, and signed up
with my e-mail address.
Based on the letter from the employee,
it sounds like this is a what-you-see-is-what-you-get
situation: The guy happens to love MSCL, and works
for the people who own the rights to it.
Frankly, I don't care who I send my money to.
If I send it to someone who, in turn, sends me
back a box set of the entire series on decent
quality DVD, then I will be a VERY happy camper.
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks