What's new

My Showerhead Rules (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member

as the water confidently splashes my naked body, i think to myself, "this is going to be a great day".

KyleK

Second Unit
You step out of your shower, dry yourself off, put on your costume and become SUPERTED! Defender of justice! Safeguard of freedom! Protector of Showerheads!

This has been a pointless tangent by Kyle

:D

Edited for idiocy

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
No, the garbage disposal in the shower was a DIFFERENT episode, but BOTH were damn funny!

Is Ted's Shower some kind of phallic symbol?

I've seen Zen's head before (not HIS in particular, but in a catalog), and it looks just nifty! when I buy my place, I will be using the cascadia, I think!

now wouldn't it be great, with all these long flexible hoses, etc... if they came out with CORDLESS showerheads next?? that would be super!

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode where Kramer orders a showerhead from Bulgaria or something for this same reason?
LOL, during the adventure that resulted in me getting my new powerful showerhead, my mom and brother talked about that Seinfeld episode. I could be wrong but I believe the more expensive showerheads have the restrictor while the cheapies do not. So you can either remove the piece of plastic from the inside by taking it apart or use a drill to make the holes bigger.

And oh yes you best believe I will be taking my showerhead with me when I move.

I shall pass it down from generation to generation. It'll become part of my will. And one day my great great great grandchildren(they might not even be that great) shall inherit this gift of strong water pressure and thus rejoice because, ok this is getting out of hand.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I don't have the high-end super deluxe showerheads that some of you guys do...just an old ordinary one. What makes it special is not only does it deliver enough pressure to flay the skin off my back, but it delivers sheer volume as well. I can empty my 50-gal water heater in just under 15 minutes :)

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Rain...mine is just like yours, except it doesn't have the snake thing, just a long cord. Does it takes yours a while to fully get into the 3 jet thingy...I don't know, I'm just crazy

Kevin Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin Eckhardt
Zen,

I've got the cascadia as well. One of the first 'upgrades' I did when I bought my house. When you say "complete overhaul" what else have you done besides removing the water regulator?

Kevin

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Actually, in California, I believe it is.
Well, what do you expect from a state that makes you get a hunting license to exterminate a rat? :)

I always replace the showerheads anywhere I live, partly because I'm 6'2" and the standard placement of showerheads usually sucks. Adjustable showerhead on a flexible hose is the only way to go. (Although in my first house I had the building raise the built-in showerhead even though I replaced it after I moved in anyway. :))

Regards,

Joe

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
My grandparents in Maryland actually have 3 showerheads, one normal one and two others underneath at about 1 foot intervals. It's like getting blasted with a firehose from 3 different directions at once :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Kevin Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin Eckhardt
All I can say is wow.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

And to think it starts at only $3500 for the basic tower. Of course I'd want to get the double seat alcove which comes to almost $9k.

Kevin

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
"Performance showering" ... I agree with Brett. :laugh:

The idea of spending 3500+ for a shower just boggles my mind. (Kohler seems ridiculously expensive...)

Mind you, I've never installed a custom showerhead anywhere I've lived. Now I'm seriously thinking about it. Damn you all. ;)

(Side note: At my gym, there is one showerhead that seems to have it's flow-restrictor removed. The rest of them feel the same, but that ONE showerhead has been dubbed "The Flenzer." Damn if it doesn't feel great sometimes. :) )

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I bought an elcheapo grande showerhead from Wally World a couple years ago that has one very important feature; pause. I like to shave in the shower and it's nice not to have to turn off the water to lather up my face.

Also it had a "restrictor plate" (too much nascar) that made the water flow resemble something like standing under a bucket with holes punched in the bottom. Now the force is strong and great for washing those areas that really need cleaning :D .

Scott Strang

Screenwriter

That looks more like a touchless carwash. But with that extra feature (not the extra water outlets either
:D :D :D ) it certainly wouldn't be "touchless". ha ha

Yes I'm a bastard.:D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks