What's new

My new truck :) (1 Viewer)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Phil what you wating for? Lift that baby
Actually I traded that Amigo in for a sports sedan two years ago. I got tired of the trucky ride on-road and I wasn't off-roading any more. Besides, the Jeep-like Amigo has enough ground clearance from the factory so it doesn't need modifications to be truly off-road worthy. :) I have a great pic of it on a really steep mountain "road" (I use that term very loosely) that I need to scan one of these days.
Jay, :D

Paul O

Stunt Coordinator
The majority of Full Size SUV's (suburbans, expeditions) i see driven in CA are by Single Occupant Middle Aged Women with Rage Issues. Having one bearing down on you while there yelling into their cell phones or zipping off Highway exits at 65 MPH is more typical then seeing one actually off road- just the general dumbing of America - my SUV is bigger than yours - ive got 6000 pounds of steel so get outta my way - if i hit you im going to win because my life is more important. That the American auto companies have been pushing these gas guzzlers in light of recent events as well as the safety issues with SUV's is even more infuriating. People who need/use/love trucks, SUV's should get 'em - but the vast majority dont.
oh..and Henry..nice truck :)

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
What's with this anti-truck stigma everyone seems to be talking about?
Check out the thread going right now about SUV's.
I drive a pickup truck for a couple of reasons.
1. I can.
2. A smaller vehicle won't pull my boat very well.
3. I live in the Detroit area and you have to drive a truck here :D

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Great looking truck Henry...

I have driven nothing but F series trucks since I first started driving..I love my truck....My brother is a Chevy truck guy so we go back and forth a lot debating the ford/ chevy truck thing but they are both great trucks..

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
If you think about it, pick-up trucks are some of the most practical vehicles out there. For way less money than a similar sized SUV, you get the ability to haul just about anything, and with a crew-cab you can transport a good-sized family. Most of them also get decent gas mileage. SUV's on the other hand:angry:

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
Love the truck, Henry. Up until last year, I had a 99 S10 4x4. It was loads of fun. I really wanted the full size, though.
Unfortunately, someone just had to turn this into an anti-SUV thing.;)

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Jared, you should see some of the guys over at Link Removed
Three tankfulls of gas....$80
Hitch and ball...............$40
Flatbed car trailer.........$1800
Dinner/Beer as payment to your Ford pal for letting you take the photos..................$25
The look on the faces of the salesguys at the Ford dealership as you tow that busted-@ss Powerstroke to the garage where it belongs...........PRICELESS!

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Youd be surprised Peter.
I thought i would really have to slow down after the lift, but i think im back to my old self again :)
Im not crazy mind you, im just saying it handles pretty much the same.
Im very happy with the way my suspension is much softer and smoother than before.
God, that Z-71 package that it came with was really rough.
Thanks to the new shocks and tires, i feel like im in a Cadillac, well not really, but you know what i mean :)
Plus, the ProComp lift gives 15% more travel :D

Mike I

Supporting Actor
That is funny Henry...But I have seen the same jokes about chevy's at the f 150 forum;)

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
That is funny Henry...But I have seen the same jokes about chevy's at the f 150 forum
Of course you have :)
Its always like that, except that wasnt really a joke, it was true :)
But to be honest with you, as far as 4x4's go
whenever im at the beach, i pull at least 2 Fords out of the sand :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks