What's new

Best 55” inch TV? (1 Viewer)

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I had to move last August under duress. Lousy landlord. Bottomline, I boxed my tv up very quickly. Just a large U-Haul box & I didn’t secure on the truck. It was a disaster. The tv has sat in storage until this past week. It’s a 55” Vizio M Series Quantum (model 558-G1). I plugged it in & one side looked like it had vertical cracks. There were cracks at the top. I need a new tv.

The Vizio was solid to me. Vivid color and it did well with movies & sports. I watch a lot of sports but movies can range from current blockbusters to 1930’s films. I loved the tv & had no complaints. I may just buy the same model but I wondered what some other options are. My budget is about $1,200.00 but that’s absolutely the top end. The room is usually pretty dim.

I’d be happy with the same Vizio but I usually like to step up.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You’re just on the cusp of the price for a 55” OLED, which would be the best TV overall. In fact the Vizio 55” OLED is currently on sale for less than $1K At Best Buy.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Well I have the Mq8 and aside from it being unable to zoom in on streaming services I like it alot.

Don't think an OLED will fix that either.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I’ve looked at the Vizio M7 & M8 but while both are solid, neither reviews as well as the 2019 model I had. The Vizio Oled is definitely a consideration. I’m also looking at the Samsung Neo Qled tvs. Sonys are pricey but LG might be an option.

When I bought my first flat screen tv, it was a Panasonic plasma. Beautiful tv. Then I bought an HD Samsung. It didn’t last long so I’m hesitant to look at Samsungs. Vizio has been really good to me. I watch a lot of blu rays and live sports so the model I had was perfect. I’m not a huge streamer.

Users who are viewing this thread