What's new

My Husband sold my SVS!!! (1 Viewer)

DanaA

Screenwriter
Thanks Carol-Ann.

Nick and Nora Charles, along with their dog Asta, are the main characters in the Thin Man series of movies. They're noted for their witty repartee. A very strong compliment to the two of you for the fun you have here at HTF.

But...I don't know if you like the old black and white comedies. If you do, The Thin Man, finally released late last year or early this year, would be a great watch. :)

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Personally you settled too low and should of asked for a pair or at least a B4, that would teach him a lesson!:D

Carol-AnnZ

Agent
Robert...Hey let me in on this B4 thing...What is it?? LOL
I might have to aim higher while I still can!!!

And thanks Dana...I love old movies so I will look into those!!!

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Yeah!!! Having to get a B4 would be AWES-.....I mean, uh, yep, that would be one stern lesson for me, that's for sure....I sure hope I don't end up having to do THAT :D

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I believe you AlanZ. You see what you went and got yourself into now! The B4 would/ought> dish out the punishment you so much deserve.:eek: Life sure can be hard. :wink:

TommyL

Supporting Actor
I pondered that waiting thing with the PB2 for about 2 weeks...finally, pulled the plug and shot the moon...went with the B4+...that SVS is sweetness all over again...don't want to wait 2 weeks? grab one of these...then you'll KNOW you have great power, and great looks to boot! Carol...a B4+ is a Pb2 on steroids fyi:) Instead of 2 woofs, it has 4:) Here is a pic of mine on a website I made in 10 minutes lol...for the HTF people requesting pics of it:)

http://home.mchsi.com/~toml/wsb/html...ome.html-.html

Carol-AnnZ

Agent
Well...Let me think about this for a second...
SVS makes a sub that is the PB2 x's two...am I getting that right???

If that be the case, being the bass nut that I am, I say go for it!!!!

But I guess I will have to ask AJ what it is that he wants too...So will let ya'll know what we (I) decide. :b

Carol-AnnZ

Agent
Thank you Rob...You guys are just too nice to me...and all I am doing is trying to be a good wife!!

Thanks!!:laugh: :wink:

TommyL

Supporting Actor
yes, the B4+ is a steroidal Pb2...and it has a cabinet that takes 40 man hours to finish/sand and assemble(talked to Jeff, owner of the cabinet shop SVS uses for the B4+) heavy as all heck (195lbs) but beautiful...and very powerful! as I stated...hitting mid 120's(10 feet away--clean/accurate) isn't a problem....the rescue in the matrix with the helicopter on the initial flurry made my pant legs move...no shit...either way, I think the PB2 would be enough..I just had some extra cash, and didn't want to wonder/nor upgrade again on that part of my system.....fun huh?:) I'm sure you'll be happy with any SVS...what size room ya have?(cubic feet wise)...I can't imagine this thing in a room under 3000 CF...it kicks my 4500 cf room around pretty bad...and it opens in a couple spots lol. email TV, and see what he thinks:)

Mitch E S

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Carol-Ann!
I'm the guy that put Alan and the other gentleman in contact with each other, so you can blame me when you get that big fat new sub :D My wife would be stunned if I ever sold my old piece of equipment before buying the new one. I always bring the new piece in and then scurry around for weeks searching for a buyer :frowning: Much easier Alan's way. Now if he didn't tell you about any of it ahead of time well I say "good for him". Its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission :D

I just saw an opportunity to help two people satisfy their SVS cravings.

Enjoy the new sub, Mitch

Carol-AnnZ

Agent
Tommy...I have no idea what size our living room is...very big is all that I would say, you do have to remember that I am a girl and things like that just aren't my cup of tea...lol
I will encourage AJ to get the B4, but after looking at the price of it, I think that he will go with the PB2 which I think either way will be okay with me...Just as long as it says SVS on it and kicks some serious butt in the bass department, I will be just fine with it.

And Mitch...I am glad that AJ was able to sell MY SVS...it's just that we watch on average a movie a day, and without the SVS it just isn't the same. I guess I am just being picky...and then again, I would say that I have every right, since I am a girl!! :D Right??

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Carol:

Just sell Alan without him knowing it and then you can have a B4 all to yourself. :)

If you do get the B4 (which BTW I think any basshead should get) don't forget to get the 5,000 watt amp to go with it.

BTW, as one of the owners of this site I am glad you are having a good time around here. That is what we are all about. Just a bunch of guys and gals getting together to hang out and share a hobby with each other.

I know there are a lot more women out there that share this hobby with all of us. I just wish they would come on down.

Parker

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I agree with you Parker...you don't read to many posts like this one though....someone other than a man complaining about some type of HT stuff. How often do we get to read a post about a Wife being mad at her Husband for selling the SVS before getting the new one....;) Great stuff....

Carol-AnnZ

Agent
Parker...I have really enjoyed myself on here...I have always seen AJ on here having so much fun, I guess I couldn't just sit around and watch him have all the fun!

I am just glad that you all have accepted my views on things, sometimes girls don't get as much respect as guys do about "guy" things....you know??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AJ is right here reading some of these last few posts and he asked me to let you all know that he really appreciates the fact that you all have allowed me to be comfortable posting on this forum. There are a whole lot of people here whose knowledge far surpasses AJ's and for a while he was even too intimidated to join the discussions. He's really pleased that you have all been so receptive and enthusiastic about my contributions. He also wants to say thanks again to Mitch for his efforts. (YEAH, WHATEVER...from CA...LOL)

Carol-AnnZ

Agent
Hey All...I was just thinking...I know I am blonde and all but I do have some good ideas!!!

I think that SVS should have their own Credit Card that way people like me who reeaaaalllllyyyyy want the B4 could get it. I mean, I don't make that much money, but I want that sub....so there should be a way for me to get it, right???

Geno

Supporting Actor
wait a minute... you watched The Recruit WITHOUT a sub? I would have gone to a local HiFi dealer and asked to test out a sub for two weeks and then return it when the SVS arrived. dishonest? yeah but...well...

Jonny K

Second Unit
Wow. I only just found this thread, but I'm loving it! Women who love HT just ROCK!

Jonny K. :)

Edwin_H

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Carol and AJ,

This thread is hilarious! But seriously, when you get that PB2, would you consider letting me come experience a demo of this beast? I live in Athens and Carol your forum ID says you are just outside Atlanta. If you guys still live around Atl, let me know cause I'd love to see how the PB2 performs. Right now I'm suffering with only one 20-39PC+! ;) hahaha! SVS RULES!

Edwin :D

Carol-AnnZ

Agent
You know, I have decided that you guys that have women that do not like or love HT...just need to have a sit down talk with them or get rid of them, whichever seems more productive! I knew nothing about this stuff, but because this was something that my husband was involved in, I became involved too. It's like sitting down and watching a TV show just to satisfy your wife but in the end loving the show just as much as she does or more. You started off doing it because you love her or you wanted to shut her up when she said "You never spend time with me" (LOL, I have said that one before) and then you found out that it wasn't so bad.
I am sorry, I am going on and on...but I just don't understand women who just can't give their husband's hobby the time of day but then expect them to drop everything that you guys are doing to dote and all that shit over them.
Okay, I really am done now...I do not mean any disrespect for any of your women, guys...just woke up and guess got up on the wrong side of the bed. :)

BTW...thanks Jonny...you are the one who got me started with this stuff....LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks