What's new

My Husband sold my SVS!!! (1 Viewer)

Carol-AnnZ

Agent
Okay, I am so mad right now I don't know what to do! AJ, my husband (AlanZ), just packed up and sold my SVS. Now, I know that a lot of you have wives that do not appreciate a true HT...But I on the other hand do. It was my idea to upgrade to the Paradigm 100's...The 20's for rear speakers...To have Outlaw mini blocks amps for all 5 speakers...To get the big bad 52" widescreen TV...And of course to get the SVS. Which brings me back to the original problem, AJ wants to get a new SVS sub, I am of course alright with that, but to sell MY SVS WITHOUT GETTING THE NEW ONE FIRST, what is up with that???

I am sorry, I am a girl and I have to whine every now and again. I can't wait to get the new PB-2+, but to leave me for WEEKS without an SVS...would someone please help me state my case??

I hope that you all have a wonderful day...and if you can help me, please post...AJ is watching too!
Thanks. ;) :b

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Well this is a new one:)
>
AJ-- I am very disappointed in you. You ought to be ashamed of your-self. This is a sure case of wife abuse.:thumbsdown:
>
Maybe the sale was at hand AJ and you thought it best? Now you will be hearing about this for years to come. My condolences to the both of you:D
>
When the PB2+ arrives it surly will help smooth things out.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
It was my idea to upgrade to the Paradigm 100's...The 20's for rear speakers...To have Outlaw mini blocks amps for all 5 speakers...To get the big bad 52" widescreen TV...And of course to get the SVS. Which brings me back to the original problem
Are you looking for a new husband??? I'm interested.

;)

Carol-AnnZ

Agent
Sorry Paul, not only do I love AJ....But I am a BAMA fan!!!

And I also agree with Steve...this is wife abuse!!!!!

OH...I forgot one more thing.....and this is a big one...
You know what else AJ has??? A Denon 2900 and an Outlaw 950....and GUESS WHO TOLD HIM TO GET THOSE???
That's right, ME!!! :)

terence

Supporting Actor
My god man!!!!!! What have you done!!!!!!!! No BASS for weeks,not to mention no SVS! That's like quiting your job before getting a new one, that's like selling your car and now you have to ride the bus till you get a new ride, that's like.....well you get the point. Forgive him SVS owners he knows not what he has done. I feel your pain Carol-AnnZ, i guess you are on bass time out or bass rehab it's going to suck for a while but be strong the PB2+ should be worth the wait. Then again if someone had not sold your sub in the first......oh i'm doing it again sorry, keep your head kiddo and AJ i would watch my back man. You know the saying "Hell has no furry like a women who's SVS you sold." Sucks to be you!

:D

Derek Iverson

Stunt Coordinator
You know what else AJ has??? A Denon 2900 and an Outlaw 950....and GUESS WHO TOLD HIM TO GET THOSE???
That's right, ME!!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

AJ is a very lucky man! Make sure he knows this... :laugh:

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I am sorry, I am a girl and I have to whine every now and again.
Not to worry Carol-Ann. This is nothing compared to the guys’ whines.

But on the sale of the SVS—the only way that should have happened was if AJ had a one-time offer for a great deal. It that was the case, he was right to pull the trigger.

Otherwise, no way.

I’m envious of your setup, btw.

Carol-AnnZ

Agent
Tee....You are very funny....I am still laughing!!!

And there is one point that all of you are making that you all need to understand....This sell could have waited!!!!

All he had to do was ask the nice man that bought my Baby to wait till we got the new SVS....RIGHT???

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Carol:

I know it was a huge sacrifice on your part. If Susan sold any of my gear I would go sell something really important of hers and then let her know that I did it a week or to later. :)

You do know that SV Subwoofer offers deals on their stuff to previous owners don't you? Get the PB2+ for sure. You are going to be absolutely blown away by it. Just make sure that you have a couple of people in the house that can help you put it in place.

A 950 and 2900? Now you are talking. Along with the Outlaw monoblocks your system should really rock. How do you like the 950?

Once you get the PB2+ be sure to let us know how your house is holding up.

Parker

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
This is just too funny......

Okay, here's the deal......The truth of the matter is that it wasn't because of a really great one-time offer from someone to buy my SVS. I just happened to mention the idea of upgrading to the PB-2, and another member put me in touch with someone who was looking for a used SVS with a long cable (I have a BetterCables 12m silver serpent that I got through SVS when I bought the sub). Anyway, I sold my PCi20-39 for $500 including the cable....and, um, shipping. This poor soul had a Sony sub that he bought from Sears that was on its last legs, and I just felt compelled to step in and save him with the healing power of SVS. I feel very fortunate to have had a little financial swing in my favor as of late that has allowed me to upgrade to some really nice gear.....so I felt that if I could help this lost child it was my duty to do so. The guy is a little down on his luck and I feared that if he didn't get a good deal, he may do something completely foolish and go with a non-SVS. The thought of that happening, KNOWING I could have done something to prevent it, was just eating at me inside. I mean, Tom at SVS has been more than generous to me since I saw the light last fall....so to honor the tradition of exceptional value and service, I went ahead and pulled the trigger :b

As for my wife, aside from that 'Bama thing, she's pretty awesome :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
AJ,

Clearly your heart was in the right place. Just as clear, however, is that you sold an SVS out from under such an obviously wonderful woman (grounds for an uncontested divorce in HT-Land). Most of us have to get permission from our wives to purchase the SVS in the first place -- the least you could have done was get permission from yours to sell it! I believe you owe your lovely wife a nice dinner and a movie out (you can take in a movie at home after the PB2+ arrives).

-Robb

Carol-AnnZ

Agent
Robb-

I guess I will forgive him this one time....but I was thinking instead of dinner and a movie I would like to have a couple dozen flowers. :D

Hey, I deserve that right???

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Carol-AnnZ,

If flowers are what you want, then that's what you should get. BUT, I personally NEVER buy my wife flowers when I'm in the dog house. I believe that only gives her incentive to be mad at me. Angry = flowers. I buy them for no reason at all, when she's being nice to ME. Nice = flowers. Being a believer in the crime fitting the punishment, Alan should have to get you a Rane EQ (it'll last longer than flowers).

-Robb

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Alan and Chris:

If you email the guys at SVS and tell them that you are wanting to upgrade or you just sold your sub and want to buy another one from them they will usually give you a preferred price since you have purchased from them before. They are really good about working with everyone anyway but they give just that little bit more with previous customers.
It never hurts to ask and see what they say.

Parker

Carol-AnnZ

Agent
Well thank you all for responding to my little note....I think that I have proved my point to AJ...but then again I still haven't gotten any flowers or that dinner and movie.

Oh well, I guess as long as I know there is another more powerful sub coming, I will hopefully last till then.

Thanks all!!
;)

bruin

Second Unit
Here's a big THANK YOU for the Parasound 855a...it's working great!

You gotta have bass

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks