What's new

My Fair Lady 50th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
john a hunter said:
Sorry but I must have had jet lag when reading your post.

The article says 27 May 2015.

My French is not that good but it also seems to say that the date could change but at least we know that NEXT MONTH is a possibility.

Perhaps someone wants to see if Paramount France has any further info.

Apologies again for misleading everyone.
Your English is excellent and I don't think you mislead anyone .. the '2016' was an obvious typing slip .. but one we were happy to pretend to believe given the history of this Blu ray's delayed release.

If the article is correct, it sounds as if we may be ordering from Amazon.fr instead of Amazon.com! I would imagine that these would be identical world-wide releases, and there would be no reason for European releases to be delayed just to wait for some theatre screening events in the States.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Still no release date on Amazon...

But the price has jumped $5 to $39.99 for the pre-order...
confused-smiley-013.gif

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Mike Frezon said:

confused-smiley-013.gif

The increase is to cover the most recent work, which dealt with porting the film over in color, from the .dpx files. Once I remembered that the film was not in black & white, we had to go back and re-visit. Someone has to pay for it.

Options abound. Might you be desiring sound?

RAH

john a hunter

Screenwriter
Robert Harris said:
The increase is to cover the most recent work, which dealt with porting the film over in color, from the .dpx files. Once I remembered that the film was not in black & white, we had to go back and re-visit. Someone has to pay for it.

Options abound. Might you be desiring sound?

RAH
Sound? What a good idea. It might catch on.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Using Ted Turner's colorization process, perchance? The Ascot sequence is so boring in Beaton's black and white costumes. They really could use some colorization. :3dglasses:

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Everybody else from Melbourne will realise why my mind instantly flips to Hillier .. memories of cinema afteroons in Collins Street with raisin toast and chocolate frappe in Hillier's afterwards .. the most mouth-wateringly luxurious cafe in town!

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Mike Frezon said:

confused-smiley-013.gif

But don't Amazon always do this when there's no release date, they probably don't know what the price will be & are playing safe. I'll come down, but as it is, it's only $10 more than a Twilight Times release...& with all the restoration, you are getting your moneys worth.

NeverReady

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry
Just noticed on my "On Order" page on Amazon.com regarding My Fair Lady [Blu-ray]:

Not yet shipped - Expected Delivery: March 18, 2015 - March 19, 2015

I took a double take thinking this was 2016, but it really was 2015.

Of course on the "Your Orders" page it still states: "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date".

This is the first I ever saw the above date anywhere.

Since I never received the order nor the email I assume this is just another "bad estimate" date.

In the mean time I'm trying to be patient - I can always view my DVD copy which really looks very good up-converted both video and audio wise. Also, I can watch and celebrate Eliza Doolittle Day (May 20, every year) this year, although I'm not a music theater geek, just a Hi-def (audio/video) geek.

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
I'm starting to wonder if this is ever going to be released. We've seen lots of other titles get announced, get restored and cleaned up and released to stunning results, since MY FAIR LADY was announced. I'm wondering if what's so different about MY FAIR LADY and for example APRIL LOVE or 42ND STREET. Correct me where I'm wrong.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
What's so different is they want it to be perfect. Every time it's delayed, I take it as good news that it's going to be better and better.

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
I like your take on it, Ethan Riley. I would love to hear a real blow-by-blow from Harris or someone at the production company on what they are really doing. I would find that fascinating. For example, is the negative turning to dust as they run it through the wet-gate? Did they find more Audrey Hepburn vocals and are putting them all on an alternate audio track??????? (This would be like the discovery of LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT for me! This would be a dream come true! Remember on the old laserdisc when someone mistakenly put all the Audrey vocals on a track!) Did they find some footage of George Cukor berating Audrey Hepburn and beating her with a whip? Did they find the long-lost original 6-track stereo tracks? Come on people, throw us a bone here!

NeverReady

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry
Sometimes I feel like I should just cancel the order and wait until it's really released and read the reviews, since the price will probably go down in time.

I thought it looked and sounded good on the Beta Hi-Fi stereo tape on a standard def TV. Then I thought it was nearly perfect on LD and then DVD, but now I can't watch a LD on a Hi-def TV. I looks too blurry to me compared to Blu-ray or DVD copies. But on other releases on Blu-ray where I think the price is not justified, I just don't buy and try to be satisfied with just my up-converted DVD copy.

These multiple delays has of course caused disappointments, but that's life - it's not the end of the world - yet. I don't remember this many delays on any other release to date, but I really don't know.

Maybe they're going to release a Blu-ray audio disc first and that's causing the delay - just kidding. But at least I received a gold Sony CD with my copy of the LD version of MFL.

As the Father of China said, "it's not difficult to do, it's difficult to know." I realize this release may not be easy, but it would just be great to know when.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Billy Batson said:
But don't Amazon always do this when there's no release date, they probably don't know what the price will be & are playing safe. I'll come down, but as it is, it's only $10 more than a Twilight Times release...& with all the restoration, you are getting your moneys worth.

I don't know that Amazon always hikes a pending release $5 while waiting for a release date to be announced.

That's really all I was reporting.

I, too, doubt that it will stay at that price come its release. I certainly wouldn't be pulling the trigger at a price $35.99 or over. I can be very patient on this title.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
NeverReady said:
Just noticed on my "On Order" page on Amazon.com regarding My Fair Lady [Blu-ray]:

Not yet shipped - Expected Delivery: March 18, 2015 - March 19, 2015

I took a double take thinking this was 2016, but it really was 2015.

Of course on the "Your Orders" page it still states: "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date".

This is the first I ever saw the above date anywhere.

Since I never received the order nor the email I assume this is just another "bad estimate" date.

In the mean time I'm trying to be patient - I can always view my DVD copy which really looks very good up-converted both video and audio wise. Also, I can watch and celebrate Eliza Doolittle Day (May 20, every year) this year, although I'm not a music theater geek, just a Hi-def (audio/video) geek.

Where does one find his "on order" page? I only have "Your Orders" under which you can filter it to "Orders" "Open Orders" "Digital Orders" and "Cancelled Orders". None of those comes up with anything but "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate."

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm not sure why anyone would cancel their pre-order. Having it sit in a queue does absolutely no harm.

As for 'multiple delays', I'm only aware of one delay. It didn't get released on December 9th, 2014. I've never seen another published date. Or even a hint of an official new date.

Its still on target for it's unannounced release date.

NeverReady

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry
Mark-P said:
Where does one find his "on order" page? I only have "Your Orders" under which you can filter it to "Orders" "Open Orders" "Digital Orders" and "Cancelled Orders". None of those comes up with anything but "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate
After I login to Amazon I saw "on order" near the top of the first page without clicking on Orders, Open Orders, Digital Orders or Cancelled Orders" - never saw this before today. Then I clicked on "View Orders" under "on order - 1 item." This must be something new because it's not under "My Account." It only shows up just after you logon, but disappears if you click on "Orders," etc. and you can't go back without logging off an then on again.

NeverReady

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry
David Weicker said:
I'm not sure why anyone would cancel their pre-order. Having it sit in a queue does absolutely no harm.

As for 'multiple delays', I'm only aware of one delay. It didn't get released on December 9th, 2014. I've never seen another published date. Or even a hint of an official new date.

Its still on target for it's unannounced release date.
I've seen many estimated delivery dates although maybe not official, like "After Christmas" or "Feb. 5, 2015." Admittedly they were from Amazon, but when I saw Overstock.com had it listed as available for shipment on Feb. 27, 2015, I almost ordered. But, since I really didn't believe this I contacted them and they agreed to take it off their website, since they then agreed it wasn't yet available. I don't know why or where they got their information, but it was just another disappointment. Well, that's just life.

They do seem to be aiming at a moving target, but it would be nice to just know more about the "who, which, what, why, when, where and how" of it all. At least something "official," but I guess we are just considered the consumer and don't deserve anymore. But without buyers you don't need sellers.

This is why I was possibly considering canceling, but probably will not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks