What's new

My dish is up -- finally! (1 Viewer)

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Well, it took 6 weeks to get my landlord to come over and put it up, but he finally did (and for free, so I can't complain too much.)
Took about 1.5hrs to do everything. Got a signal within about 30 seconds of mounting, and tweeked it for a few minutes to get 85-95% on 101, and 65-75% on 119. Just had a snow storm here and the signal still came through fine (though not quite as strong on the meter...)
So, I now have the following HD stations:
CBS, FOX, ABC, HDnet and HBO
And on the way I have:
PBS (in testing phase right now), WB (January 1st), UPN (Sptring), NBC (god knows when, they already have hardware, they just refuse to broadcast anything but upconverts!)
WB/UPN... Not sure if they have any content to broadcast, but they will at least be broadcasting digital, and be ready when they are given better feeds. Hoping that they'll be able to do a 480p widescreen broadcast of Enterprise. :)
WFXT, the local Fox affiliate, just started broadcasting their 480p feed here, and it looks pretty nice. It's not as good as true HD, but it looks as good as a spectacular DVD.
Life is good. :cool:

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Al,

Via the dish I get HDnet and HBO. Everything else is over the air with a $10 antenna... I live a few miles from the Boston area towers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks