What's new

Movies that bring a tear to you eye or a lump to your throat?. (1 Viewer)

rhett

Supporting Actor
I don't know why, but Costner seems to know how to pull at my heart strings.

Field of Dreams: when he plays catch with his father. This really hits home because my father and I do the same everytime I come home.

Dances With Wolves: When Two Socks (the wolf) is shot and killed by the Americans.

A Perfect World: When Costner's character is shot down in front of the little kid.

Three great films that got me crying more than any others.

Rick Deschaine

Stunt Coordinator
Neil, You're not the only one who cries at the end of The Color Purple . Don't forget just before that when Shug reconciles with her father. This movis makes me cry from happiness as well as sadness. Too bad 'Out of Africa' won best picture instead of this one.
Braveheart - When William is about to die and he sees his Love for the last time.
American Beauty - Right after Lester's death and he is looking back on his life. The images of the picture of the family and ruminations by him are very moving. And yes we do know what he is talking about!

Rick Deschaine

Stunt Coordinator
Neil, You're not the only one who cries at the end of The Color Purple . Don't forget just before that when Shug reconciles with her father. This movis makes me cry from happiness as well as sadness. Too bad 'Out of Africa' won best picture instead of this one.
Braveheart - When William is about to die and he sees his Love for the last time.
The Natural - The part I cry at is when Roy hits the game winning homer and we see Pop looking in disbelief/awe as the lights shower sparks on the field. What a perfect sports moment.
American Beauty - Right after Lester's death and he is looking back on his life. The images of the picture of the family and ruminations by him are very moving. And yes we do know what he is talking about!

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest: When Chief breaks free at the end

Schindler's List

The end of Titanic

Ash Williams

Second Unit
Saving Private Ryan- When Tom Hanks gives his "mission" speech and later at the end where he dies.
A.I. Artificial Intelligence - The very end when David cries. It seems kind of weird feeling for a robot, but the movie is so immersive to me that I can't help it.
Cast Away - Pretty much the entire 3rd Act.
Phenomenon - When John Travolta dies.
Goodfellas - The scene where various people are discovering dead bodies of the people involved in the robbery to the tune of the last part of "Layla".

Jefe Noche

Stunt Coordinator
Platoon

Girl, Interupted

The Last of the Mochicans

Glory

The Green Mile

Rocky

Boyz in the Hood

Ordinary People

Terms of Endearment

Good Will Hunting

JFK

Cider House Rules

Leaving Las Vegas

Murder in the First

& the "new" tear jerker:

A Beautiful Mind

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The Green Mile and We Were Soldiers (in the theater, starting with the speech in the stadium, and i must've gone for at least 5 to 10 minutes...:b then on dvd, when the first telegram comes and mrs. moore is with her)
Honorable mentions (watery eyes, no leaking :)): Home Alone (when Kevin's mom gets back home and they hug) and Magnolia (when Mackey is crying)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks