What's new

Movies that bring a tear to you eye or a lump to your throat?. (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Glory
- When Colonel Shaw looks out to sea and knows he's going to die.
The Green Mile
- Before John Coffey dies.
Forrest Gump
- When Forrest misses Jenny and talks to her grave.

Christina_K

Auditioning
Dont laugh....but the elephant man makes me want to cry just thinking about it! what dreams may come always brings tears to my eyes, too.

RogerB

Second Unit
Elephant Man....the end.

World According to Garp....when Garp finds out his wife is pregnant.

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
Dances With Wolves - Damn near every scene in that movie makes me choke up.

Forrest Gump - From the time he discovers he's a father up until the end of the movie.

The Green Mile - The execution of John Coffey.

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
LOTR:FOTR

Superman

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Braveheart

Schindlers List

JFK

Return of the Jedi

Phantom Menace

Gia

Girl, Interrupted

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest

Travis D

Second Unit
Schindler's List.

The girl in the Red coat.

William's score. (You guy's know that Monty Python skit where the world's deadlist joke is created and anyone who hears it dies? Well I'm convinced that John Williams stumbled upon the must gut-wrenching muscial composition known to man, anyone who hears it has to squirt some.)

Liam's rant at the end about "one more person." (It could have stumbled into cheese territory, but this was the last of the Speilberg "great" movies. He reserved himself here and it blissfully shows.)

Finally.

The cast and real people at the grave. All in all, a movi that if you are left emotionally cold afterwards, you can't be human.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
1. Boys Don't Cry By the end I'm crying and wanting to go out and kill the first white-trash/redneck I see.
2. Contact - I cry or get all welled up when Foster meets "her dad."
3. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - During the scene where Li Moo Bi (or however you spell his name) dies I get all emotional.
4. Cannibal Holocaust - I get so sickened by the real animal killings that I have to turn away.
5. Deep Impact - I get emotional knowing that almost all of the main characters die, which is emotional and rare for a film to do, especially in this day and age.
6. JFK - I still get emotional and excited and a vast array of feelings during any scene (especially the begining) when John William's snare march plays.
7. Lawrence of Arabia - I get emotional when I can practically feel the weight of the world on Lawrence's shoulders.
8. Titanic - I saw this movie 5 times in the theater and cried like an 8 year-old school girl with a skinned knee every time.
9. Mission To Mars - Yes, I get choked up during the end montage with Enno Morricones score.
10. Murder in the First - I get emotional when I think of the torture that poor guy went through.
11. Pay It Forward - I just love that end scene with the unexpected death.
12. Sleepers - Again I get emotional while watching what those poor boys went through.
13. The Story of Us - I get all welled up when whats-her-name goes into her monologue about their relationship.
And some other films.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Braveheart during the funeral of Murron and her father puts his hand on Williams head as a sign of forgiveness.

David Dennison

Second Unit
It's a Wonderful Life - "I want to live again."

Hoosiers - "I want to win this for my dad."

October Sky - another victory for the underdog

Titanic - yeah, I admit it.

Good Will Hunting - "It's not your fault, Will."

Those are the ones that I can think of right now. Sometimes, I am a bit of a sap for a good romantic comedy, too. :b

Darren H

Second Unit
This weekend I watched Carl Dreyer's Ordet for the first time and absolutely wept throughout the last 15 minutes. It took me totally by surprise.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
For me, there are a few but I can only remember these:
Mighty Joe Young
Titanic - nearly cried at the theater but some young girl sitting next to me didn't, so I held it in :D
Gladiator - one gut-wrenching ending
The Green Mile
Patch Adams
Braveheart

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Saving Private Ryan - When he's at the gravesite... damn.

The Iron Giant - at the end even though I know how the end end is.

The Postman - When the kid is like "I think thats my Dad" in the firing squad lineup and then his Dad's like "ride postman ride" Also when he bring the sherrif his letter and its from his sister who he thought has been dead the whole time.

Biceentennial Man - The end

Cast Away - The whole thing

Moulin Rouge - The ending

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The films in the Three Colors trilogy always leave me weepy...

brentl

Senior HTF Member
ANY movie where somebody in the movie cries! It's the yawning thing ... you do it, I can't help it.

Brent

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
In addition to alot of those mentioned previously, these ALWAYS get me.

The Sound of Music: Edelweiss Reprise,

The Princess Bride: My name is.....

Casablanca: You're getting on that plane....

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
The Elephant Man -- from the moment Anthony Hopkins lays eyes on John Hurt, I am inconsolable -- just a mass of weeping for the rest of the movie. It's impossible for me to watch this with anyone else in the room.

Gods and Monsters -- when Ian McKellen says "make me invisible" -- no matter how many times I see this, I break down.

Blow -- when Franka Potente tells Johnny Depp that she can't wait for him while he's in jail for two years, the good folks at Kleenex make a little more money.

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
It's a Wonderful Life - the ending

My Dog Skip - several times throughout

Field of Dreams - when Costner asks his dad to play catch

Schindler's List - especially the ending

Pride and Prejudice - when Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett finally get engaged

Toy Story 2 - when they tell the story of the toy's abandonment through Sarah MacLachlan's song

The Natural- the ending (when Redford plays catch with his son)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks