What's new

Movies Not Available on DVD (1 Viewer)

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Oh, yeah. I forgot about "if...". I keep hearing rumblings that it's going to be released on DVD but for some reason it still hasn't happened!

Scott Calvert

Supporting Actor

From this list off the top of my head, Thieves Like Us, 52 Pick-Up, and Sorcerer have all been released on dvd.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
edit nevermind - this site is running glitchy today

I'll be back when it's fixed

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Instead of making articles about making lists of which films aren't on DVD, why not make an article about the benefits of going multi-regional? Oh, wait, nevermind. The newspaper is called "USA" Today...
There are far more films on DVD released in other Regions, especially in NTSC display format, which are anamorphic and with extras to boot. But due to the narrowmindedness of many of the average consumer, they'll never know there're alternative solutions and options for various films.
I'm just wasting my breath and time even suggesting and beneficial type thing which is going multi-region. There's practically an entire planet filled with DVD's to purchase and why be limited to only one region when you could have it all? Well, depending on the price and what's available.

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Here's a couple I'd like to see get released. They are very obscure though.

The Wizard of Speed and Time (1989)
Gizmo! (1977)

BernieV

Stunt Coordinator
On a visit to Australia earlier this year I spent some time browsing the video shops and rental stores. I was surprised by the number of NTSC DVDs available [dual-format players/TVs are common] and the number of multiregion and region-free releases. These were actual studio releases, not boots. I brought back a few titles I hadn't seen in the US and was surprised by their compatibility with R1 region code players. It makes me wonder whether the NA market is the only one where region-coded releases are the norm.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
John Sturges' The Satan Bug

And with all the TV coming to DVD where the heck is The Six Million Dollar Man????

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Ken Rusell films: (Warner Bros. is there going to be a boxed set coming soon?

The Devils (1971) why hasn't this film come out yet?
The Boy Friend (1971)
The Music Lovers (1971)

Also
Fanny (1961) Best Picture Academy Award nominee
Pirates of Penzance (Universal 1983)

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot
Some interesting rumors on the Q & A from MoviesUnlimited here , including Universal licensing Magnificent Obsession to Criterion...

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
You are correct. MGM has the rights to that, along with Hands of the Ripper, Vampire Circus and The Quatermass Xperiment.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin

Tim where are you getting that info at? last list i looked at, sony was the major hold out on hammer horror, if it is MGM then they need to release some more midnight movies

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks