What's new

Movies Not Available on DVD (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Wiki says there are rights issues between universal and Miramax. Everything is on hold, including the planned movie with Jim Carrey. Maybe that's just as well, since Jim Carrey translates to comedy...most likely lame comedy. Hell, just put Will Farrell in it!!! :frowning:

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I was using a spreadsheet I put together using data from the Zeta Minor website.

Zeta Minor - Hammer DVD Guide Index

The rights to those films reside with Carlton, and whomever currently has the US rights to their catalog (presumably MGM, since they released Countess Dracula and The Vampire Lovers in R1.)

But you are correct that Sony has the largest catalog of unreleased Hammer titles:

The Camp on Blood Island (1958)
The Stranglers of Bombay (1960)*
The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll (1960)
Never Takes Sweets From A Stranger (1960)
Sword of Sherwood Forest (1960)
Terror of the Tongs (1961)*
Cash on Demand (1961)
Taste of Fear (1961)
The Old Dark House (1962)
The Pirates of Blood River (1962)*
The Damned (1963)
Maniac (1963)
Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (1964)
The Devil-Ship Pirates (1964)*
The Gorgon (1964)
The Brigand of Kandahar (1965)

*forthcoming on June 10th

BrandonJF

Second Unit
When will WB ever release the Richard Grieco classic "If Looks Could Kill"?

I'm surprised Disney hasn't tried cashing in on Patrick Dempsey's recent popularity and released "Run" in R1.

JulianK

Supporting Actor

I don't think you'll find it, but have you tried looking under the film's alternate title, Teen Agent?

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Breaking Point (1993)
Captain Sinbad (1963)
Catch Me if you Can (1989)
Exterminator 2 (1984)
Final Descent (1997)
Fire With Fire (1986)
Hurricane Smith (1992)
Last Flight To Hell (1990)
Last of the Finest (1990)
Lawnmower Man (DC) (1992)
Night of the Scarecrow (1995)
No Holds Barred (1989)
Peter Benchly's "The Beast" (1996)
Pressure Point (1997)
Sabotage (1996)
Sidekicks (1992)
Steel (1997)
Volcano - Fire on the Mountain (1997)

Brian Saur

Agent
Real Name
Brian Saur

All great! I'll second all of these! Dion Bros, great stuff! I'll add Deadhead Miles, Nightfall(1957), Lure of the Swamp, What Happened Was..., At Sword's Point, Baby Blue Marine and Ride the Pink Horse...

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
In God We Trust - Richard Pryor,Marty Feldman and Andy Kaufman (Does anyone remember this movie?)Actually my brother is the one who wants this.
Hardware - A proper release
Nowhere - Available in R2, but not R1

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
Wasn't TWO FACES OF DR JEKYLL released in the US by AIP under the title HOUSE OF FRIGHT?

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
According to IMDb, you are correct, so it could belong to MGM instead of Sony. Columbia released the film in the UK, though.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

Yes, but that was a short-lived sublicense arrangement because the Columbia brass at the time thought the movie was too graphic for them. The rights have reverted back to Columbia - they issued a pan-scanned VHS of the film years ago.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I would like to see THE LAST RUN (MGM, 1971) released on DVD. A particularly cynical and fatalistic neo-noir from the pen of Alan Sharp. It does something with the car chase that I haven't seen done elsewhere, and it has style to burn. Starring George C. Scott. Richard Fleischer replaced John Huston as director early in the filming.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
cant remember the site , i know it wasnt zeta, but another that had a section about hammer films held hostage , that listed sony as having Twins of Evil, of course with mergers and every thing its a shame that these dont fall under on us distributor

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'd like to see The Last Run on DVD too. I didn't know that John Huston was ever "on" the movie. In view of his previous experiences with George C. Scott, it is not surprising that he left the project.

mike kaminski

Second Unit
Real Name
mike kaminski
I can't believe that Francis Coppola's Rain People is still not out. In fact, I don't think its ever been out, in any region. Is there rights issues or something? Its a terrific film, and one of George Lucas first post-film-school projects was a documentary he shot on the making of the film called Filmmaker that has become one of the staples of behind-the-scenes subjects. Theres such interesting history behind this film to talk about in extras, but I can't believe that the only way to watch it is on VHS, and it was obscure to begin with.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I would like to see two films by Budd Boetticher, THE BULLFIGHTER AND THE LADY director's cut and the Technicolor, widescreen RED BALL EXPRESS with the mighty Jeff Chandler.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks