What's new

Mount LED TV on 12'' wood column and allow to swivel/turn to any direction (1 Viewer)

superdave67

Auditioning
Real Name
David Cunningham
I have a new apartment (loft) that has a 12" thick column right in the middle of the room (son's bedroom), and I/he/we want to mount an LED TV to said column and still permit it to swivel or rotate in any direction in the room (wires and cables withstanding). So if I'm sitting in the corner of the room or on the bed (on either adjacent corner of the room), I can swivel/turn/slide/rotate the TV to face any direction in the room.

Is there such a product or recommendation/suggestion on how to mount the TV (50" LED) to the 12" wood column?

Thanks all,
Dave

Last edited:

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Mounts can be found at any local store like WM, Target, Best Buy etc. Easy to install and set up as well.

superdave67

Auditioning
Real Name
David Cunningham
Can you please be more specific? Is there a specific mount that would allow for this type of movement?

Thanks,
Dave

superdave67

Auditioning
Real Name
David Cunningham

I don't think you have a firm grasp of what I'm trying to do... but thanks for the input.

superdave67

Auditioning
Real Name
David Cunningham

superdave67

Auditioning
Real Name
David Cunningham
So just to clarify... I'd like to rotate the TV around and along the outside of the column, almost as if I were to remove all the cables, I could effectively rotate the TV entirely around the column.

Hope that makes cents.

Thanks all.

superdave67

Auditioning
Real Name
David Cunningham
Thank you! That is a good starting point. I'll look at those.

First off, thank you for the lead. Unfortunately, they (lts) only deals with a minimum of 500mm curves (whatever that means)... I'm thinking I'm dealing with something smaller than that.

So, I'm thinking of putting some sort of stop collar (1 inch "donut") around the column, and putting another collar above it and attaching a TV mount to to top collar... allowing it to rotate around the column while resting on the bottom stop collar.

At least, that's my current idea... still open to suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks