What's new

Mortal Kombat:Deadly Alliance (1 Viewer)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
You can look at some pics on ign Link Removed. However if your not an insider you can't look at more then 5 of them.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
My other posts were kind of short. I am looking forward to this. I used to love MK, The game was awesome. I loved Sub Zero, Smokes, and Liu Kang. I had some serious combo's with those characters. "FATALITY" Still means something to me. I hope this is just as good as the originals. After the third MK, it all seemed to go down hill. I hope this one is violent and very graphic! For those of you who don't like violence in video games, it's simple, don't buy them for you or your kids. But I for one love graphic video games.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
I saw a mention of a $10 off at BBuy.com but I don't see it there on their site. Does anyone have any info.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Watched a Gamespot interview with Ed Boon about MK : DA last night. Game looked pretty good, a lot better in motion than I thought it would.

The animation seem sgood, and the idea of three fighting styles per character intrigues me. I hope the fighting system is well done and balanced though.

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
I have a question I have both a PS2 and a GC, which system would be the one to get MK: DA on. I assume for graphics it would be the GC, but for control would the PS2 be better.

Also will it support progressive scan?

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
I see this comes out this week, has anyone seen any reviews. I've been to IGN and Gamespot and nothing. I figured somewhere would have an early review.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I have been posting about this game for awhile now in some form or another. This is the game I most anticipate. I remember reading that after Gold, no other MK game will follow and then when my brother told me Deadly Alliance was in the works I was an avid reader on updates, irc, etc. Being able to revisit such awesome stages in 3d and new fighting system on a whole other level and all the other shat is just friggin hizzy hot. Midway always captures the essence of the arcade feel, visual, and sound. NFL Blitz for example: blast it and it sounds just like an arcade version, the atmosphere as well, it is so fast paced. From tons of videos I have of MK: DA it seems Midway has done it just as well. Especially the Fatality sequences, sounds and looks so arcadish. Someone typed that it's awkward that it isn't going to arcade but straight to consoles... That is the benefit of them telling us just that. That is the beauty of consoles, gaming in your household, conveniance. That's ashame that a fact like that will lessen your experience with MK: DA. I am unbelievably psyched for this game, moreso than Prime actually. Damn, the game runs so fluidly and looks so awesome. Is it really that surprising that it doesn't support online play..? Goober :D
"Don't get me started" on the Krypt and all of the sweet ass things that can be unlocked.
Also, Boon and Tobias felt that someone special had to die in the cast and they both concurred that it would be Lui Kang, because it would create such an emotion. He isn't permanently gone though ;).
I reserved it at EB a long time ago, and ebgames.com says they ship on the 20th I believe. Is that shat? Or will I be able to get it Wednesday or Thursday?
EDIT: EB apparently get shipments of MK: DA tomorrow and will be retailing them Tuesday!!! Also, look in circulars, Best Buy will be retailing it Tuesday. I love www.mk5.org
-Bert

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
OK, apparently there are no stage fatalities. I just read this on the forum over at www.mk5.org.
Man if this is to be true, this will disappoint me but nonetheless I am still psyched..
Can anyone confirm this vague accusation?

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
I think MKII was released on Fatality Friday. Or it might have been MK II'sday (Tuesday).
Definitely planning on picking up MK:DA for Xbox, saw a video at a Gamestop a few weeks back and it looked like a lot of fun

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
I have a question I have both a PS2 and a GC, which system would be the one to get MK: DA on. I assume for graphics it would be the GC, but for control would the PS2 be better.
Actually, i thought it may be the other way around. I always assumed that the graphics on the PS2 would be better while the cross-directional pad on the GC would be better for this type of game. I was never able to pull off any type of offense in fighting games where projectiles were thrown (SF/MK) since coming over to the PS1 from SNES. Nonetheless, I will be picking up the GC version. Anyone know of any online reviews for this yet?

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
The walmart in my town has a pretty sweet deal... on Wednesday, there having a MK tournament (yes at walmart) not a real live tournament lol, but the video game. Anyway the winner (and there is only 16 contestents, me included) receives a free Gamecube and MK. Talk about sweet. Lets hope I win. But the funny thing is it is being held from 1-3 so the kids at school cant play hahahaha! Maybee i will have a early review wednesday!

Phil_O

Stunt Coordinator
to view extra pics/videos on 'that site' you can delete your temp internet files/cookies and history and you're set

paul_v

Second Unit
Anyone know if there is a parental control switch on the game? I would never in my life thought to ever ask this question but now that I will have 2 small step children come March it is a concern of mine (and my fiancee). I so want this game =(

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Anyone pick this up yet tonight? I know it's supposed to be on shelves tomorrow, so I'm thinking that maybe some stores got their copies today...
I'm really hoping MK:DA is good, as I'm still a bit hesitant picking up Metroid Prime tomorrow, and I'd love to have a new (and good) fighter on my Xbox.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
More likley, I remember the d ays back when Mortal Kombat 2 was on a huge 36 or so inch screen, with big speakers poking out the sides, and a line going around half the arcade store waiting to play :).

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
I saw this in action at EB today.

The XBox Version looked alright, the player models were nicely detailed and the backgrounds that I saw were cool...however, I get the feeling that the characters somehow were a little "floaty".

I think I'm gonna rent this puppy this weekend. Gotta try ripping out some skeletons!

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
When I went to pick up Splinter Cell and Metroid Prime this morning, they had just gotten their shipment of Mortal Kombat in as well.
I was so tempted to drop 50$ on it, but figured I'd wait for the reviews, and/or some input from people on here. I'm jonesin' (sp?) for a new fighting game to whip my buddies in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks