What's new

Mortal Kombat:Deadly Alliance (1 Viewer)

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
Finally had to some time to invest in the GBA version. The game is awesome. It's relatively easy to chain some of the longer combo's together. To me it plays more like KI then the old MK series which is fine by me. It's pretty amazing everything they were able to pack into this tiny cartridge. Video's don't real do the game justice. The scaling and audio are first rate. The animation is good with the exception of the fatalities which you can tell are borrowed. I would rate it as one of the top 5 games of the year for the GBA. :emoji_thumbsup:

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Does a character every get anything beyond those 10 lame missions in the Konquest mode?

-Dave

Derek_C

Agent
259. JY Reward: MK4 Home Version
323. MK Reward: Mk1 Arcade
439. QW Reward: MK2 Arcade
642. YR Reward: MK3 home version

Are these the actual games or just a picture of the games?

AlbertA

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know what the hints are for?
Like PD: pay day!!
or
UH: Unleash hell
What the hell is that for?

Lynn Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
It's just a hint as to what that Krypt contains. Like PD: Pay Day - just means that Krypt has lots of money.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Rented this the other day, and I have to say that it's good, but that the game is WAY too unforgiving. Am I the only one who really doesn't like the combo system that they've set up? It seems like you have to enter the moves so quickly that you really don't have time to think, meaning that you have to press for the next attack before the first one completes. I think that the curvature of the D-Pad on the Xbox controller is also part of my problem, since the left and right directions aren't all that well defined. Dare I say this one might be better on a PS2 (had no problem with any of the psx fighting games).

DwightK

Second Unit
Possibly opening a can of worms but I went and bought VF4 for the PS2 the other day (19 is hard to resist) since everyone said it was FAR AND AWAY the best fighter EVAR.

Had MK: DA up and running in the xobx and VF4 in the PS2. Switched back and forth playing them and a buddy came over while I was doing this so instead of stopping I just continued. After a bit he asked why I was switching from a good game to an ugly one and then back again (not knowing or ever having heard of either game).

My personal like is towards the MK game due mainly to graphics and presentation. I will admit that VF4 was/is very fun. Just kinda ugly.

Damien

Supporting Actor
i am enjoying MK quite a bit, the only gameplay issue i have is the AI isn't much of an improvement from the 16-bit versions, the cpu players(especially kano/molach) play like straight up pricks. I also have a question on the konquest mode....does it get progressively harder.....like mission one of sub-zero is harder at 75/2-- than at 1/2--(so far it seems pretty easy)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Yup I did, just got them all opened two days ago. (Without cheating)
You get Blaze and Mocap

Hopefully I will be back later tonight with some OFFICIAL news on fatalities and pits
***crossing fingers hoping theyre there***

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I just picked this up yesterday and love it. Very fun game. I don't really know what I am doing yet but it is still fun.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Thats it.... nothing else.... lol. But like I said I should have an OFFICIAL word on any extra secrets or pits in about an hour and a half. Ill probally just sdtart a new post though....... be looking for it! Could be some good news!

paul_v

Second Unit
I must be getting old but man do I suck at this game. I finally got it last night and I can't get passed the later fighters..even on novice mode! The diffuculty gets to 20% and I fooked. Oh yeah and combos are a little too difficult to execute IMO. They should have taken lessons from Killer Instinct. Pressing X X A L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks