Mortal Kombat:Deadly Alliance

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett Hancock, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

Alright, it was time for a thread devoted to the new Mortal Kombat game. After reading the previews and there hands on impressions at IGN I absolutely cannot wait to play what looks to be one of the best Mortal Kombats ever. I know everybody else is excited. Remember back when you couldn't even buy mortal kombat without your parents punishing you. Assuming that you were 10ish when the game hit consoles(I know I was[​IMG]) And who could forget when you first saw the screen shots and character list of Mortal Kombat II, it was enough to make a person go crazy with anticipation. So are you as excited as I am or do you think I need to find something else to do besides count the days until Deadly Alliance hits stores?

2. Chad Ellinger

Chad Ellinger Second Unit

Mortal Kombat II was the first game I can remember literally counting down the days until release. I remember Mortal Kombat I's release date was "Mortal Monday," but I can't remember what II's day was called. Do you remember all the hype for II? Those awesome commercials you could only catch maybe twice a week? [​IMG] Mortal Kombat practically reinvented marketing for videogames.
    Anyhow, here's hoping Deadly Alliance is good.

3. Tom Fudold

Tom Fudold Stunt Coordinator

I'm with the both of you. I didn't have high expectations for this game at all... until recently. It really is starting to look good, and more importantly, it looks like it may actually PLAY good!

I hope it's worth owning. I'd love to have a MK game in my collection again.

I loved MK2 on the SNES, and then I remember buying MK3 on the PS1. I remember it vividly because my friend called me from Battle Creek, Michigan. I live about an hour away. Anyway, he said his local Target was selling it early, 2 days early! That was unheard of back then. So, I "got" sick at work, and left early. While driving up there in the rain, I listened to the OJ trial, the jury let him go!! Talk about wanting to Fatality someone!

Anyway, I can't wait! MK has a special place in my gaming world.

T.

4. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

This game is gonna (hopefully) be the bomb. You can count me in. I will buy it on realease day. If only there was online support hehe then I could rip Brett Hancocks spine out of him.... hahahaha lol

5. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I've been an MK fan since I was able to first glimpse MK1 at an arcade. I have MK2 for SNES, MK Trilogy for N64, and MK Gold for DC. I hope to add MK[​IMG]A to that group.

6. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

im actually not that excited for this game. Dont get me wrong, im a super diehard MK fan. But i think there is just something wrong with the fact that this game is coming right to consoles and skipping the arcade (i mean, i dont ever goto arcades these days, whats the point really) but, there is something to be said about getting your game on in the arcade, and then getting the home edition and really starting to get your game on.

now with this MK series, most people will be like huh, i didnt even know that existed and the user base will be smaller, thus making it much more harder to find a good match.

7. Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge Supporting Actor

I doubt the series will make any serious comeback, but I do hope the game is somewhat decent. I was a late bloomer when it came to the series. My favorite was MK Trilogy.

8. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

I just want to know why Liu Kang won't be in this game [​IMG]
    Otherwise, I like the MK series & will be giving this a looksee.
    Calvin

9. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Yeah I also read liu kank dies at the beginning intro of the game. But then again I heard that a different "form" of liu kang will be on there. Also DAMN NO ONLINE PLAY [​IMG]

10. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit

11. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit

FLAWLESS VICTORY

12. Scott Burke

Scott Burke Second Unit

Scott B.
    I'm very excited to see this game. My favorite was MKII. I wish they would release that game on the home consoles. It should be easy to do a direct port to any console today.

13. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III

14. ryan davis

ryan davis Stunt Coordinator

I havent been into Mortal Kombat since i plugged around $400 into MKII at the arcades. I havent really enjoyed any other one they came out with since then. Heres hoping that they get things right this time, if not i think ill go buy a MKII machine for old times sake.

15. Jason Borchers

Jason Borchers Second Unit

16. Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells Second Unit

Jason... i can see what you're saying about it seeming a little odd that there is no arcade version of MK5. But the reason for this is midway has gotten out of the arcade game business, so thats why its only coming out for the consoles.[​IMG]

17. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Maybe they could make a Mortal Kombat Kollection? MKI, II, III, IV, Trilogy, and Gold in one collection would be sweet. Maybe they could even give the Gold treatment to ALL the MK characters (including the different versions of them) and not just a few.

18. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

K

19. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

ALRIGHT

20. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Are there any screenshots of MK: DA?