What's new

Monster Tempest Subwoofers. (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I've got the itch to build another subwoofer (:b) so I'm testing the market to see if there's any interest in my two monster tempest sub's. Each one is 220 liters in size, has 1.5" thick walls with some internal bracing and a single 6" port. These are passive unit so you'll have to find your own amp but given how efficent these are even an old receiver would work ...or go whole hog and send 500 watts to it and really bring down the house:D At present these are finished with grill cloth wrapped around the sides and with a black top cap so they look pretty good. Now obviously these are not suitable for shipping since they weigh a ton. Nor are they for those people that need a tiny discrete sub that hides in the corner..these are about 20" wide by 4 feet long by 20" high (I'm just guessing from memory)

I'm asking $300 cdn each which IMO is a steal for this level of performance...local pick up only. Demonstrations are possible (but I'm not responsible for loose filings) or if you have questions just drop me an email.

The only pictures I have at the moment are both rather crude(sorry) I'll try to take some higher quality ones shortly.

Here they are before I added the grill cloth and top cap.

And here they are acting as stands for my DIY speakers

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
I never sold my 270L Tempests advertising them here. I was asking $400US each. Construction was somewhat similar to yours (1.25" walls, cloth finish). Shipping will run mega-bucks on these too. Dunno what to tell you other than good luck...

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Updated price...if someone wants both I'll give you a free pro amp to power them with. Its powerful but a little noisey.

Troy R

Stunt Coordinator
I might be interested in one of the drivers if worse comes to worse and you can't sell the subs...

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Jason I don't know how you'd go about shipping something like this given their weight and size. I know UPS won't do it so you're likely looking at freight. What might be more realistic to ship would be the two drivers and the amp at a discounted price and have the box's built locally. E-Mail me and we can talk if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks