What's new

Monk Season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
To John & Joseph,

Thanks for clearing up the OCD issue for me. I don't know why I assumed it only started after Trudy's death.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Mr. Monk and the Fashion Show -

To me, this was one of the best Monk episodes of the past two seasons. Great writing, witty dialogue, and fine acting. The "twist" ending could be spotted a mile away, but that's a minor quibble. If the remaining S4 episodes are this good, we're in for a real treat.

The opening scene at the clothing store were priceless. Dennis...Dennis....

On a side note...USA just announced that they've renewed the series for two more 16 episode seasons.

Steve

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Agreed, Steve, a great episode indeed, but Mr. Monk and the Little Boy still takes the cake for me.

I didn't see the twist coming in this one, although I did suspect that having Malcolm McDowell be the killer
was far too simplistic for this show, I knew they were missing something, but I didn't know what.

I must say that I love the relationship between Natalie and Julie, it's rare to see a mother and daughter relationship on television that is so loving, and even rarer to see a pre-teen like Julie act so mature and level headed, she's got a good head on her shoulders for sure.

Lastly, Malcolm McDowell's character must have been as blind as a bat, Natalie looked hot in that black dress! :b

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Yup. Natalie was better looking than any of the models on ths show. Everyone talks about how good looking Sharona was. Maybe so, but Natalie is my Mary Ann (:emoji_thumbsup: ) to Sharona's Ginger. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I know exactly what you mean, Steve, when Natalie first came to the show I liked her charcater right away, but I also thought that she couldn't touch Sharona in the hot department...I was wrong.

With each passing episode I noticed more and more just how cute Natalie was and now I just out right adore her. :emoji_thumbsup:

Sharona...who needs her? ;)

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
I absolutely loved the way the case was stumbled upon...

Monk's warning to Natalie about not eating the food at the show (because he'd just seen four models throwing up backstage) had me laughing out loud...

A great start to this half-season! :)

As for Sharona... As much as I loved the early shows, and Sharona in them, I must confess that I sometimes have trouble watching them now, for the simple reason that I've come to adore Natalie SO MUCH MORE than Sharona. I think a LOT of people have surprised themselves by switching loyalties. Kudos to Traylor, and to the writers for giving her good material to work with. Long live Natalie!

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yeah i was a fan of Sharona , but I like natalie a lot better. I think the switch after a few seasons has been good for the Monk Charector. Changes him up a bit. I dont know if it would have worked so well if the Natalie charector was there from the start

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Oh yeah, Natalie is so much hotter than Sharona. That black dress was awesome.

Never was a big fan of Sharona. I think Natalie is much more sympathetic to Monk, and a bit more caring that Sharona ever was.

I want to see more character development stuff. The best episodes, IMHO, deal with the people and not the crimes (ala Mr. Monk and the little Boy, Mr. Monk and the Game Show, etc.).

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Overboard (the 1988 romantic comedy starring Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn in case you aren't familiar) had crossed my mind, too, although Laurie Metcalf did it because she was lonely, Dean did it for revenge and restitution for the work he did on the bitches boat. :)

Great ep, it seems as though the OCD is hardwired into Adrian's brain, even with loss of memory he held onto those tendancies which was both funny and also a little sad, it seems he cannot escape his troubles, that's what I took from that. :frowning:

I also felt bad for the murder victim this week, she was a real cutie and sweet to Adrian, too. :frowning:

Lastly, I was rolling with Adrian and the bee's. :laugh: I've been stuck in a car with a bee and reacted pretty much the same as he did. :b

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Did you notice how bad the CGI bees looked on Adrian? The initial shots of them on him were so bad it took me out of the moment.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just replayed that scene, Keith, and the way that the bees were tracked onto him was a tad off, but the animation and the bees themselves looked good to me.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Yes, the bees themselves were quite realistic. It was the placement of the bees bunch on his shoulder and their movements when Adrian moved that was off and when I saw that, I said to myself, "Wow, that's bad."

It was a decent episode. The mystery wasn't all that big but it was the fact that Adrian's OCD was still there like you said earlier and Laurie Metcalf's portrayal that made the episode stand out.

During the Christmas episode, I wondered where the Captain's wife was and why she wasn't with him at the party (did they mention it or explain her absence then or before?). Next week we'll see what she is (or was?) up to, with a different actress playing her instead of Glenne Headley.
-

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
This episode was better than what the previews had me fearing. As previously stated, not much of a mystery, but it was nice seeing the Monk character front and center without the usual supporting cast. Better still...minimal Disher :)

Steve

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Watched the last two eps last night on DVR and was rolling off the couch. The show is still strong and Natalie is working out well I think. The season premier where Monk just wanted Inspecter 8 to get back to his shirts was genious I thought. They play Monk off like he can solve these crimes in his sleep and the way they keep doing it in different ways is hilarious. I think this show is still getting better. Don't know why its on at 10 though. I fall asleep on the couch by then. (Stinks to get old!:D )

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

It seems that not only is the OCD hardwired, but so are his inate deductive abilities, and his honesty (wanting to repay the money, and telling Cora the truth about not being attracted to her).

Also apparently hardwired: Trudy.

:)

One particular thing I liked about this episode is that they DIDN'T have the local sheriff character fall into the stubborn, hard-headed, won't-listen-to-anybody-and-has-to-be-proven-wrong cliche (sorta like the "my way at all costs, consequences be damned" sheriff's role in Rambo - First Blood...but it was necessary there).

I thought he was headed that way early on, and it would have been so easy for the writers to take it in that direction. Instead, they let him let Monk do his thing as a welcome addition to the team, rather than as a resented outsider.

I'm not exactly sure why, but I don't think the episode would have played as well if they had taken the other road. Maybe because we were witnesses as his genuine respect and appreciation for Monk's abilities grew, and he quite willingly revised his own thinking and kept an open mind... He wasn't the easy cliched jerk.

A good character, and one whom I'd like to see return sometime in the future...perhaps to seek Monk's help on another case.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Slightly off-topic but I loved the latest Monk commercial with him in the doctor's office. "Good news! You're pregnant! And so are you!" Better than the one in the gym.
-

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Bottom line. I love this show. It never disappoints.

Is Michael Shalhoub (he played Ned the beekeeper) Tony's brother?

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks