What's new

Monk - First Season - June 24th! (1 Viewer)

Kent Keltner

Auditioning
Hey all...

I don't know if this is a repeat of info, the search isn't working right now... but I thought I should post it here... Season 2 of Monk airs starting June 20th (Friday) and all previous news said the Pilot episode of Monk would be hitting DVD on June 24th. According to USA's official website, they just updated with the news (and listed in their FAQ too) that it will be the entire first season.

I really like this show (it reminds me of a modern day Poirot, set in SF) and eagerly await to get the series on DVD.

I just thought any fans of the show would like to know.

-Kent

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
That is excellent news. I could never understand why they'd only release one episode, especially since the first season was so short.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'll save everyone a trip over to the link. The entire blurb says:
NEWS FLASH! The first season of Monk will be released on DVD on June 24! Watch this site for more information, coming soon!
Sorry, but did you ever consider that the person who used the word "season" got it wrong?

I'm looking at Universal's press information right now, and word-for-word it is the same thing (including cover art that says "Premier Episode" at the bottom) that we've posted here.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I imagine the same person updated both areas. But I've written to them and asked for clarification.

Kent Keltner

Auditioning
Yeah... I saw the stuff before about just the pilot ep... and thought at first on the main page they just made a typo, but to repeat it in the FAQ... and IMO that's something you usually wouldn't confuse (a single episode vs. an entire season on disc...), we'll have to see.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
As much as I want to own the complete first season of "Monk", I get the feeling that the person who was typing got confused.

The USA site for "The Dead Zone" also announced last year that "The First Season" was being released on DVD when in reality it was the pilot combined with another episode release.

It would be terrific if they went ahead and released the boxed set of the entire season. It is one of my favorite shows and I would gladly pay for the first season in its entirety.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I have episodes 2-12 recorded off USA network, but not the 2 part pilot, so I was happy to hear the news of its DVD release! Same goes for the pilots of 2 L&O series, SVU and CI. Looks like they're testing the waters with those, see what sells, and full season boxsets might follow, so buy those pilot releases, they're just $15 or less online, and will most likely pave the way for season boxsets of all those series.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to dig up a month-old topic, especially since it's essentially just to say "I told you so".

I'm just trying to bring some closure to this, for anyone who walked away even remotely confused.

The Monk website has changed it's tune on the front page. It now says:

NEWS FLASH! The two hour pilot episode of Monk, "Mr. Monk and the Candidate," will be released on DVD on June 24! Watch this site for more information, coming soon.
The FAQ still is the exactly same "seasonal" phrasing that has been there all along, so they corrected the front page but missed the FAQ page.

But I think it's safe to say for sure that this is NOT to be season sets. Not yet, anyway. Sorry guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks