What's new

MLB Hot Stove 2008-2009 (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The Astros finally signed Pudge Rodriguez today. I don't know what took them so long - they couldn't start the season with Humberto Quintero and J.R. Towles behind the plate when Pudge was still out there.

Of course they'll probably still finish the season 3rd or 4th in the Central but at least they're trying a little.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I was happy to see Mike Lowell and David Ortiz homer the other day. Both of them are injured or are recovering from injuries. I hope they swing the bat really well this year.

BTW, I was watching the Dominican Republic and Netherlands game the other day. Jimenez really looked great. He struck out ten of twelve batters he faced in the first four innings.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
You can tell MLB runs the WBC. Only MLB would start the championship game at 9:30 Eastern on a Monday night. :rolleyes:And that's when ESPN's coverage starts so first pitch will probably be closer to 9:45. I understand the game's in San Diego but come on. That's just ridiculous.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Traditional rivals face off tonight in the WBC final, but I won't be watching all of it. Probably will only catch it, if the game is still on, after watching a few episodes of a few TV shows.

I look more forward to the regular season, and more visits to MLB ballparks.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The great thing about that photoshoot is it took place a couple days after the whole steroid thing broke. You would think at that point, A-Rod would have had second thoughts about actually doing the shoot.

Speaking of prima donnas (of a different sort), adios, Curt. Although I don't think he's 100% retired. Unless his arm is totally shot, if a playoff team goes to him in July and offers him 1-2 million to pitch for the rest of the season, I can see him doing it.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

I have not, but plan to this season.

I did catch part of the WBC final, and it might as well be a home game for Korea, but too bad they lost.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
They got rid of their food vendor from last year, hoping some of the stuff from last year stays. Personally I had no problem whatsoever with the food vendors last year.

Some cameraphone shots from April last year, they were still kind of getting their act together.

"Senator Sausages":

Pre-game view from "The Red Loft" bar in Center Field:

Outfield seats:

The "Red Loft" bar:

Field:

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Love to try out those sausages, making me very hungry.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Ballpark looks nice. I may plan to visit in July.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks