What's new
World Wide Stereo

Mixing B&W with Axiom? (1 Viewer)

KevinWEL

Stunt Coordinator
After going back and forth between the Axiom M22ti and the B&W DM602 speakers for up front I purchased the B&W at a great price. I really like the Axiom surrounds though- the QS4 or QS8 speakers seem like an ideal rear/surround channel set up. I have a 6.1 system so I'l need three.
I know the center and front speakers need to be timbre matched and I've heard the raves of using five or six identical speakers too.
Question: Would I take away from the balance and tone of my system by mismatching brands between the front and rear? I am not sure if the Axiom and B&W are audibly compatible. If I stick with B&W I'll probably use three rear 600 or 601s.

:confused:

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bry_DD

Second Unit
I have the Axoim's M60 and VP150 up front and I have B&W LM1 for my sides and back surrounds and I don't hear any difference in sounds. I guessins as long as your front 3 speakers are match I wouldn't worry about it.. good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks