What's new

Looking For Some Speaker Advice!!! (1 Viewer)

I am looking to upgrade my HT. I currently have a Pioneer Elite VSX-45TX, Polk Audio RM-6600, Pioneer Elite DV-45a (DVD), Mitsubishi 65" TV.

Looking For Some Really Decent speakers for around $2000. Have read a lot of reviews, and these are the sytems that I am currently looking at. Would just like some advice from other sources.

B&W: DM604 S3 LCR600 S3 DS6 S3 ASW 650

Swan: 6.1BC C3BC R3BC Sub10BC

Paradigm: Monitor 11 CC-370 ADP-370 PW-2200

Axiom: M60ti QS8 VP150 EP350

Just looking for some outside opinions on which system would be the best for both movies and music. Room size about 22'x15'x8'. Haven't heard any of these systems personally, and I keep reading mixed reviews.

ChrisGla

Auditioning
You should try and listen to all the speakers you have listed. Only your ear can tell you. Everybody has different tastes. Me, I lean more to Paradigm, but hey thats me. Judge for yourself. Best advice I can give

Everybody always says that only your ears can tell you. I was quite happy with my rm6600 from polk. They sounded pretty good to me. But, before that I had the Bose Acoustimass 10 (with no tweeter) and they sounded pretty good. Since I've gotten the polk's, I hate Bose. Can't listen to the Axiom and I've never heard of Swan. But, All the reviews I've read, swear by both Axiom and Swan. I'm going to get one of the four, based on reviews and what ever other sources I can get Info from.

Mark Bee

Grip
I auditioned the Paradigm monitor 100's V3's today and the comparable B&W. Wow, I really liked the brightness of the paradigm. To me (my opinion only) the B&W sounded more midtoneish (I don't think this is a word) but the Para's were brighter. The cost of the 100's were $1830.

;)

Mike_Skeway

Second Unit

Ah a new word to describe a speaker. :laugh:

Yeah the Paradigms and B&Ws sound quite different.

Tom,

All the brands that you mentioned sound very different, if you are easy to please, speaker wise, you won't go wrong with any of them. It really all boils down to taste and preferences. All reviews are biased! (Including my own :laugh: )

Stephen Weller

Stunt Coordinator
Audition each [rant]IN YOUR HOME.[/rant] Start at the low end of the price spectrum and stop when it pleases you. This is the [rant]ONLY[/rant] way to really know:

Leigh_M

Stunt Coordinator
A lot of great speakers in that price range. One thing to consider, the match to your receiver. In the past, I've underestimated the importance of this. I've always loved Onkyo equipment, but did not like the sound when paired to my Boston speakers. Switched to a yamaha receiver and it made all the difference. If I had Paradigm, I would have stuck with the Onkyo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks