Mits HDTV Color Problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BenMV, Jan 24, 2003.

1. BenMV

BenMV Auditioning

I've had my Mits 65819 for 1 year and I just got a Samsung HDTV Tuner (SSIR-TS160). I connected the tuner into the Mits DTV componet inputs. Using on-air antenna (Directv not yet installed) I was able to pull in a few channels. Looks Great!!

Now my problem - the colors on the DTV input - they are somewhat pink and there is no blue or yellow colors. The color on the other inputs (component for DVD and S-Video for standard DBS) are fine.

I then took my DVD player (using different component cables) and connected it to the DTV input - same problem! The blues are green!

I've called a technician, but since they won't be here until after the Superbowl, I was hoping that maybe I connected something wrong or maybe there is an easy fix....

2. John Royster

John Royster Screenwriter

Try checking and double checking your cables to make sure they are hooked up right.

Then check your menu and make sure the DTV input is using Y/Pb/Pr color space. Also known as component video. The 65819 can also accept RGBHV video.

3. BenMV

BenMV Auditioning

I know that its not the cables themselves - I used the cables from the DVD which work fine on the other inputs

The DTV is set for Y/Pb/Pr color space

I'll try looking at the connections again - would mixing the Green and Blue component cables cause this problem?

Thanks

4. John Royster

5. BenMV

BenMV Auditioning

6. BenMV

BenMV Auditioning

More info - The color of the picture does not change if I remove the Pb component input - the picture looks the same regardless if the Pb input is connected or not

7. John Royster

Ben,

If nothing changes on the DTV Pb input, and you've tried two sources with two separate cables and changed color space to Y/Pb/Pr then it sounds like you have a bad Pb plug on your TV.

I'm hoping somebody else can confirm this before you get too concerned.