What's new

WOOHOO!!! My new attenuator!! (1 Viewer)

JohnSterling

Stunt Coordinator
I got both Digital VE and a signal attenuator for the 'red push' problem with my Mits HDTV.

Man...good stuff. The signal attenuator (~$19 after the device, 2 adapters and tax) works FANTASTIC. Zipped through the DVE and quickly re-did the color and tint. I couldn't be happier. Best $40 (total:DVE+Signal Stuff) I've spent on my HT. The new DVE is MUCH more thorough than it's predecessor.

I'll go through DVE at a less hectic pace tomorrow night. Fun stuff.

(Also finished building a new speaker to make the '6' in 6.1...man it's been a good week).

JohnSterling

Stunt Coordinator
Jigesh:
You can search for info on this site, but here's a link I've referred to often:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/print...postid=1473193

RAT Shack part numbers 15-678,278-276 and 278-253 plus a Coax cable and a female/female Coax cable adapter. I couldn't put the attentuator directly on the back of the DVD player...it just would fit. So I had to use a 2 foot run of Coax as sort of a patch cable.

So assembly goes 278-253/female-female adapter/coax cable/15-678/278-276.

Michael-
Whoops...sorry about that.

JohnSterling

Stunt Coordinator
Michael...
Anyway to change the subject??? How about WOOHOO my new Attenuator!!! or something like that? :)

Phil Nichols

Second Unit
I'm glad the Rat Shack Pr attenuators are helping you guys to get perfect red content (....... this includes flesh tones and all colors containing red) in your HT images.

I even have the same Rat Shack attenuator setup in the component Pr line coming out of my SAT receiver for High Def TV. Those reds aren't right either when you have HD saturation full and natural. However, for HD I had to "guess" at perfect color saturation since there is no easy way to input HD calibration signals into most systems.

BTW, I do adjust the attenuator (NOT the color or tint controls) for SPECIFIC DVD's ....... as some turn out slightly too green or too red from either a poor/old master or a poor transfer to DVD. Having to do this is rare, however. :emoji_thumbsup:

Rik P

Stunt Coordinator
I used this Attenuator on my O'le Mits 55809, what model do you have. I had been using it for a couple of years then came across a yahoo group that was experimenting with programming the color decoder. The software is Quickfix it requires a special cable that you can make you self. Works great. difficulty level I say is not too high if you have the cable already built. The scare factor is very high as you can erase your color decoder information (not good) if not done properly. This only works on older models. Newer models Mits you can adjust the red in service mode.
Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks