What's new

Minority report dvd reviews? (1 Viewer)

BarryS

Second Unit
Yeah, I knew that the washed-out tone and film grain were intentional, so it did not detract from my enjoyment of the film. I enjoyed it very much. I definitely plan to purchase this DVD.

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
ron, make sure to make extra special mention of the film's intended look, so we don't get saving private ryan-esque threads popping all over the place, wondering if there's something wrong with their dvd...;)

Matt Giggey

Stunt Coordinator
For reference, here are some comments Janusz Kaminski made in the July '02 issue of American Cinematographer:
"The tendancy with futuristic movies is to go very slick, visually speaking, but we wanted Minority Report to have a very gritty look. I decided to create a look that's full of texture; I wanted to be able to 'feel' the emulsion throughout the film. It seems the tendancy today is to go with stocks that are less grainy, and the images are very far removed from what movies used to look like 10 to 15 years ago. Steven and I are fascinated by the look of movies of the Seventies like The French Connection. We love that look, and with this film we wanted to return to (that idea) and show viewers the grain.
"To me, movies are a social event. They don't necessarily help us escape reality, but offer us a reality that is different from what we see at home. If you can't see or sense grain in the image, you're not experiencing the magic of movies."

Tim RH

Second Unit
"To me, movies are a social event. They don't necessarily help us escape reality, but offer us a reality that is different from what we see at home. If you can't see or sense grain in the image, you're not experiencing the magic of movies."
Great quote by Janusz there! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks