What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Millennium Season 1 in July! (1 Viewer)

Daniel Bell

Auditioning
This is the one release I've been waiting on. I've actually took the day off to have a Millennium marathon. I'm really curious as to when Season 2 comes out, I enjoyed that season the most.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I hear the UK is getting season 2 in late September. No news on a season 2 release date for the US yet. Maybe it will get released somewhere in Oct, Nov, or December.

TomJC

Grip
What I want to know is, assuming the set sells well enough to warrant a release of the final 2 seasons, will the season 3 set contain the X-Files "Millennium" episode that served as a conclusion to the series?

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter

I hope not because most Millennium fans I have talked with thinks it is a horrible episode and I agree. The episode has nothing to do with Millennium other than using the characters of Frank and Jordan. The episode is a horrible conclusion to the show and I consider the S3 finale to be the conclusion to the show and that did the show justice while the XF episode went against evrything set up by the show.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I kinda doubt Fox will put that episode onto a "Millennium" set. They could have put Mulder and Skinner's "Lone Gunmen" appearances on Season 8 of "The X-Files" but they didn't. They seem to be following the order of production seasons pretty strictly. In any case, I own all 9 season of "X-Files" so I won't have to worry about whether or not Fox includes "Millennium" or "Jump the Shark", the unofficial "Lone Gunmen" series finale.

BTW, "Millennium" fans, check this out!

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
Millennium: Season 2 and Season 3 are scheduled for release in the UK in September and October. I just bought Season 1 this morning. i'm lovin' it. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark E J

Second Unit
Is the original music intact? I remember the pilot episode had music from White Zombie and Nine Inch Nails.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I picked up season 1 of Millennium yesterday ($38.99 at a local Wal-Mart) and I must say I am quite happy with my purchase! I got home late last night after class (and a couple of Newcastles at the local Hooters) and just could not resist the temptation of popping in disc 1. I spent about 30 minutes watching the beginning of 3 of the episodes and it all came back to me why I loved this show so much. Thank you very much Fox and keep 'em coming!

By the way, the White Zombie song is intact at the beginning of the pilot episode and that "Insane in the Membrane" song is there at the beginning of the second episode.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Fox always cleared all the music in "X-Files" so I doubt there will be anything to worry about when it comes to "Millennium" or the other two Ten Thirteen shows. Anyways, it's starting to look like Fox will really be rushing these DVD's out. Like "The X-Files" sets, the DVD production has likely been done long before the release of the sets. "Harsh Realm" is coming only 5 weeks after Season 1 of "Millennium", and September & October release dates have already been announced for Seasons 2 and 3 in the UK.

July: Millennium 1
August: Harsh Realm
September: Millennium 2
October: Millennium 3

Here's hoping that Fox follows the "monthly Ten Thirteen release" in November with what will be their very last unreleased show, "The Lone Gunmen".

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Picked up this set at Zellers for $59.58CDN, great price! I've been waiting for this since the X-Files S1 was announced years ago. The picture quality is nothing short of a revelation compared to poor quality of my cable service. Hopefully S2 won't be too far behind. I'll probably also pick up Harsh Realm, if only because the kind of shows Ten Thirteen put out really don't seem to be on TV anymore. Pass on The Lone Gunmen though, as I could really never get into it. Plus, that pilot episode is going to really stick out like a sore thumb (the plot of it involved conspiracy to crash planes into buildings).

Jeannette Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I picked it up today too. After watching disc One I must say I'm very pleased. There was a slight distortion in the picture at the beginning of one of the episodes but apart from that it looked marvellous. What a great show.

Can't wait for seasons 2 & 3

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Yea Ive been watching it since Tues night.

I love this show. Season2 is probally my favorite season of any television show ever!Hopefully we'll have it before the end of the year.

BTW, Got mine at Circut City for $44.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

It started out great, but I was very disappointed about where it ended up.

But I'll probably buy all three sets anyway.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Finished the set today, minus the two commentaries. I'd forgotten just how damn good this show was. At the time it came under fire for showing too much gore, but in this age of Fear Factor and CSI it would've been right at home. There's a lull in the middle of the season here, 3 or 4 episodes that are just forgettable, but after that the series picks up steam. Henriksen shines here, as the show is carried by him. If you don't believe in Frank Black, then you won't care what happens. Regardless of how you feel about the subsequent seasons, this is easily one of the best seasons Ten Thirteen productions ever put out.

The extras are nicely done, and more engaging then the X-Files' sets to say the least, mainly because the leads (Henriksen and Gallagher) are actually interviewed. If anyone is on the fence about this one, I would highly recommend it; its currently selling for around $60CDN. Cannot wait for Season 2! :emoji_thumbsup:

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
I'm catching up on this now via Netflix, and really liking it. (And from previous posts, I gather S2 will be even better.) I caught it sporadically when it was first on (I actually went OUT on Friday nights back then), but not enough to get involved. While my screen isn't very large, I think it looks great. (I wish some film transfers had these black levels and lack of EE.) Great stuff!

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
That would be so great! How certain are you about that? I was already wondering whether FOX would be pulling another BuffyShieldDarkAngel-stunt and release the RC1 in fullscreen while Europe would get a widescreen transfer - if that is not going to happen, I'm really glad. Code1- and Code2-Boxes do not mix well on the shelf :)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Millennium season 2 has a good chance being in widescreen due to the UK trailer for the show showing season 2 clips in widescreen and season 2 was filmed at the same time X-Files season 5 was filmed (which was widescreen and showed up in widescreen on DVD).

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Season 2 of Millennium was filmed concurrently with the X-Files' fifth season, which was when they began to shoot the series in widescreen. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks