What's new

Mike Frezon Status Report (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I wish I could revive this thread on occasion without causing any worry...

But I want to share THIS ARTICLE--written by my wife Peggy for Guideposts Magazine.

It involves my health scare from earlier this year...but is really HER story about working to overcome her anxiety issues while dealing with my situation. But it gives a bit more details of what went on with me.

In the meantime, I'm still dealing with doctor's visits and procedures and whatnot. But as I describe myself as a "work in progress" I like to think that I am making progress each and every day. :thumbsup:

As we make our way through the holidays, be sure to give thanks for your good health and your family & friends. I know I do. And that includes all of you. :biggrin:

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
A truly horrifying but also inspiring account of your and your wife's parallel trials. You are indeed blessed on many counts for the outcome and for the love in your corner.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That's for sharing, Mike. You can tell Peggy is a writer; she is extremely economical with her words, but never at the cost of compromising clarity or the emotion of the moment.

I remember a few years back when I was suffering a bad bout of my general anxiety disorder, and you and I chatted about Peggy's struggles with agoraphobia. I thought of those conversations when you were in the hospital, and wondered how Peggy was holding up. It's almost impossible to explain the sensation of constant terror non-stop for days on end to anybody who hasn't experienced it. For me, it was a long, slow, arduous battle, and I still experience setbacks during times of high stress. I can only imagine trying to battle that while your spouse and life partner is at death's door, fighting for his life. I am happy that she was able to find comfort in her faith, and I'm glad that she was able to find the silver lining of achieving greater independence and control over her illness amidst such a horrifying ordeal.

Not that I'd particularly have loved to be in your shoes, either! :biggrin:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
Not that I'd particularly have loved to be in your shoes, either! :biggrin:
Peg has grown a lot in those ways during my various illnesses. I keep thinking she's got to find another way to experience growth! :laugh:

But, seriously, thanks to both of you for the nice comments. I have already passed them along to her.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Amazing Mike. You are a lucky man in many ways. Wonderful story. Feel better...and with Peggy at your side I know you will. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey gang!

I am blessed. When I need a lift, I re-read this thread--and the "sign the get well card" thread--and I am reminded about how many people have followed my rather sketchy health concerns over the past several years. It chokes me up every time I go back through both of these threads and see all the really nice things you all wrote on my behalf (and Peggy's too!).

So, I feel compelled to let you all know that I am about to go into the hospital yet again for another surgery. This one is designed to remove some artificial mesh that was put in my abdomen a little more than ten years ago to help hold me together after an abdominal hernia repair. Maybe you've seen some late night TV commercials about the class action lawsuits involving some of the meshes that were used back in the day and the problems they have caused. Well, after my big health scare last year, I guess some bacteria ended up on the mesh and has caused an infection which just won't go away on its own. So the mesh must come out.

This will likely be a lengthy surgery (maybe up to six to eight hours!). The mesh adheres to the biologic materials surrounding it (I always liken it to a patch of weeds growing up and around a chain link fence) and the process of detaching the two so the mesh can be removed is rather tedious (the doctors tell me).

The hope, of course, is that much like my most recent surgery last September, this one will go according to plan and that I will be home by week's end. My inner mechanics have been working great and once the infection and all that artificial stuff is out of me, my doctors say I will basically be "good as new." :biggrin:

So, I will unabashedly ask for prayers, positive thoughts, or crossing of fingers that anyone is willing to give on behalf of myself, my family and my doctors as I face this latest chapter in my ongoing saga of health concerns.

And thanks again for all the incredible show of support that is contained within these threads. They are something I hold near and dear and am really quite proud of.

Youse guys is aces.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The absence caused by your health crisis in early 2014 put into stark relief just how much of a contribution you make around here on a daily basis. My thoughts will definitely be with you, hoping for a smooth, boring operation that has you back home happy and healthy on schedule.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Best wishes for a very successful surgery! We will miss you and be thinking of you.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Welcome back - glad to hear you're doing well. I look forward to your weekly round-ups of new releases

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks