What's new

Mike Frezon Status Report (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Ooooh... Been out of the loop w/ my spotty visits to HTF this year... but glad to see the surgery apparently went well. Praying for a speedy recovery, Mike.

_Man_

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Man (and everyone else):

Thanks for all the prayers and support. I am humbled by all the well wishes.

A visit to one of my surgeons today yielded a very positive prognosis. The nasty infection appears to be gone (along with a bunch of artificial mesh that had been inserted years ago) and I am told I now have a good chance to return to the good health I last enjoyed more than two years ago (when I ran my first--and only--5k run) before things fell apart.

Coming soon: A new list of movies and books which have bolstered my recovery! :biggrin:

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Great news, Mike! So glad things are going well and hopefully you'll be back to your old self soon. Continued prayers.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mike Frezon said:
Man (and everyone else):

Thanks for all the prayers and support. I am humbled by all the well wishes.

A visit to one of my surgeons today yielded a very positive prognosis. The nasty infection appears to be gone (along with a bunch of artificial mesh that had been inserted years ago) and I am told I now have a good chance to return to the good health I last enjoyed more than two years ago (when I ran my first--and only--5k run) before things fell apart.

Coming soon: A new list of movies and books which have bolstered my recovery! :biggrin:
:dancing-banana-04: :thumbs-up-smiley: :cheers:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:

Here's what I've accomplished over the last few weeks:

Movies:

Kingsman

Abraham Lincoln (1930)

Taken 3

The Martian (in theater)

Cinderella (2015)

Olive Kitteridge (HBO)

Little House on the Prairie: Season 7 (still working on this)

Inherit the Wind

Mad Max: Fury Road

Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (100x :thumbsdown:) (Didn't finish. Couldn't.)

The General (1926)

Pride & Prejudice (2005)

Steamboat Bill, Jr. (1928)

Tomorrowland

Spartacus

McLintock!

Books:

A Dog's Purpose

A Dog's Journey

Evolving in Monkeytown

My Philadelphia Father (1955) (Source material for Disney's The Happiest Millionaire)

I'm expecting to head back to work next week and start putting in some half-days to ease back into a routine.

Thanks again for all your support!

[I HAD a bunch of thumbs-up/thumbs-down emoticons in place...but the forum software told me it was too many!]

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
How was the 1930 "Abraham Lincoln"? I've never seen it but after visiting the Hall Of Presidents at Disney World recently I'm interested in seeing some more presidential movies.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It was quite good...but rather dated and melodramatic.

What interested me about it most was that my 85 year old mother was born in 1930--the year the movie was made. I looked up the director's birthday (DW Griffith) and he was born in 1875--just ten years after Lincoln died. That impressed me on how the Civil War really isn't "ancient history" for us as a country.

Walter Huston was good...but his performance came off as more of a stage performance (not uncommon for the early sound movies). The movie was told in small pieces following Lincoln from his early career through to the end of his life.

Even though dated and melodramatic are the best adjectives to describe this for me...I think it was definitely worth seeing. And I wonder how much this film set some of the Lincoln legacy firmly in the mind of the American public. I'm sure much of it was already there...but having it cemented in this way by a motion picture might have had a powerful effect on making that aura even bigger.

Poster%20-%20Abraham%20Lincoln%20(1930)_01.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Here's my list of the latest wave of "recuperation films:"

The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1939) (Maureen O'Hara)

Safe Haven (Lasse Hallstrom, Nicholas Sparks & Julianne Hough)

San Andreas (Alexandra Daddario & Dwayne Johnson's biceps)

Frozen (Disney)

Max (Dog Tale with Lauren Graham)

Harvard Beats Yale 29-29 (Interesting)

Whiplash (JK Simmons)

Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 (J-Law!)

Mulholland Drive (Lynch and Watts!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks