What's new

Migration Related Feedback & Questions (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Ever since the "switch" had a minor problem, but only with HTF.

Can normally type in the first few characters of a website and the title bar fills out the title, click the enter key and I'm there. With HTF, the entire hometheaterforum.com title shows up, but when I hit enter, always goes to a CenturyLink page, with a bunch of different choices. I'll scroll down a bit and find an HTF link, so not a big deal, but why just with this site?

Opens with MS Edge, but think I default back to IE10. Running Windows 10, which isn't particularly user friendly, so don't know what's really happening.

Bought the laptop pre-loaded, so no questionable upgrades, just strange things going on.

If it's my laptop, sorry to bother you. But why does it only happen with HTF?

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Discovered the secret. I have to type in "www.hometheaterforum.com". Without the "www" doesn't work.

Really? "www" faded away years ago, nobody uses it. Haven't worked in IT for a long time, but even then, learned how to set up things so DNS servers would find our sites without a "www" in front of them.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm on a basic Windows 10 laptop and MS Edge and I can't replicate any of your issues, including the requirement for WWW.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The gateway thing seems to have gone away.

I keep looking at the poll and want to say I love it but can't yet.

The ".... Has published a new article, click here to read it" thing is really bugging me.

There is must be a reason for it but it has not become apparent to me yet.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
When I'm using the search from the home page, I get an error every time. There's also not the usual pop up that allows me to select "search titles only." I've noticed hovering over the alert bell doesn't bring up a list, but does once I'm in the forum.
I've determined this an issue not just on the home page, but on any page that is an "article" (i.e. WordPress content).

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Would it be possible to make the text: "Threads below this have not been updated since your last visit but have unread messages." a different color so it will stand out more? I usually scan the New Posts and rely on that line to tell me when I've reached the end. It can be really easy to miss.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Would it be possible to make the text: "Threads below this have not been updated since your last visit but have unread messages." a different color so it will stand out more? I usually scan the New Posts and rely on that line to tell me when I've reached the end. It can be really easy to miss.
Could you screenshot where you see this? Unfortunately it doesn't leap immediately to mind :)

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
upload_2016-3-14_15-43-52.png

Right between the Third Man and Hawaii Five-O threads.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Either I have gotten too old and my eyes are failing me or the colors are what they are but I can barely distinguish between the color in the quoted area vs. the response area. Am I the only one having an issue with this? Regardless, I did a quick mock-up of what the quoted area would look like with a border. The first one is the current style and then it runs through borders from 3px to 1 px.

htf_quotes_style.gif

This was great feedback - unfortunately it took me a while to get to it, so my apologies. As of this evening, it's implemented.

It appears that the board is back to its default way of quoting messages. Oh well, it was good while it lasted!

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Now the way of quoting is back to the updated way again.

Either that or I was hallucinating earlier! :eek:

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
We added the new forum list menu (you can see at the top), and as a result some fixes I made were lost and had to be re-done. No poulter/poultryeists i'm afraid! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks