What's new

Migration Related Feedback & Questions (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
So is the "improved" "Forum List" which opens a side bar of forums the new way to get around? I don't have a drop down list of choices of forums from the old "Forums" menu method - just mostly duplicates of the "Tools" menu. I'm not too fond of it at the present, partly because there's no way I can find to close it should you accidentally open it, and partly because I do not like "side bars."

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
So is the "improved" "Forum List" which opens a side bar of forums the new way to get around? I don't have a drop down list of choices of forums from the old "Forums" menu method - just mostly duplicates of the "Tools" menu. I'm not too fond of it at the present, partly because there's no way I can find to close it should you accidentally open it, and partly because I do not like "side bars."

It is the new way to get around - the old way wasn't very effective for mobile devices, and 30% of people use those here. You can just click/tap back on the main area of the screen and it will disappear.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I don't mind having the sidebar option, but I REALLY miss the dropdown functionality of the "Forums" link. As Bob said, the new iteration of the "Forums" link mostly just duplicates the options available from the "Tools" link.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't mind having the sidebar option, but I REALLY miss the dropdown functionality of the "Forums" link. As Bob said, the new iteration of the "Forums" link mostly just duplicates the options available from the "Tools" link.

Same here. I don't know why the drop down function keeps disappearing and we have to keep pleading to get it back. It's a time saver as you only have to hover and click, rather than clicking multiple times and scrolling through the list to find the forum you want.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I feel that the fixing things that don't need to be fixed thing is going on.

I still don't understand why the Weekly roundup needs to be in two different places to see the complete topic.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I feel that the fixing things that don't need to be fixed thing is going on.

I still don't understand why the Weekly roundup needs to be in two different places to see the complete topic.
It's not, it's only in one place. The discussion is on the forum, the article is on the front page. You can view the entire thing on the front page.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I know that Dave. Than it's redundant to have the discussion in two places.
*shrug*

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I know that Dave. Than it's redundant to have the discussion in two places.
*shrug*
The actual discussion posts are stored using the forum software, but are visible in the article. We just have a short snippet in the thread to enable discussion in the forum also. It may not be your preference, but it's the best compromise right now.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The actual discussion posts are stored using the forum software, but are visible in the article. We just have a short snippet in the thread to enable discussion in the forum also. It may not be your preference, but it's the best compromise right now.

okay.
:(

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
started getting now posts as popups on the left side.
Hard to see the forum list with them there.

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 9.40.13 PM.png

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
started getting now posts as popups on the left side.
Hard to see the forum list with them there.

View attachment 30210

Yeah I just noticed that now too.......not sure how I feel about it, but my first impression was annoyance.

THEY can be turned off. Go into your preferences section (found in the dropdown menu off your UserID in the upper left-hand corner of any page).

Uncheck the box that says this:

Show new alerts and messages as pop ups

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Sorry guys, we put this in as a test to see if folks liked it. If you guys hate it - we'll probably put a bullet in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks