What's new

Michael Jordan's wife of 12 years files for divorce (1 Viewer)

Jon_B

Screenwriter
This is sad news. I've always looked up to MJ. Situations like this remind me that he is a real person and has to deal with real problems. :frowning:
Link Removed

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
He is just a man like many of us, however he happens to be an exceptional basketball player.

Crawdaddy

JasonK

Supporting Actor
That's too bad. MJ's always been a very private person, I just hope the media doesn't hound him over this, or start asking him questions like "Mike, do you regret your decision to come back this year..." and so forth.

I couldn't stand MJ the player as a Bull, but I have started to root for him, just so he can prove all his former worshipers who said he should have stayed retired, wrong.

(Before the season started, I said on the HTF that the Wizards wouldn't make the playoffs. If the Knicks and Heat don't, and the Wiz, Nets, and Celts, do...wow. Let's just say I don't want the Bucks (the local boys) to have to play the Wizards in the first round...

Jason

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
Any ideas on what Juanita's "irreconcilable differences" were? Usually that means another woman, right?

It says she wants half of their property. Is that property as in real estate or property as in all assets?

RobR

Second Unit
The "irreconcilable differences" excuse used by stars or their spouses is usually baloney. All couples, even those happily married, have such irreconcilable differences; however, those who stay married work through them. Marriages are not easy.

Ike

Screenwriter
Why is this news? It's none of our business if his wife leaves, if he was cheating, or anything else. But still, I clicked...

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Celebrity divorces are always news, like it or not.

Jordan has a history of being a basketball player, if you know what I mean (i.e. Magic, Pippen, Kemp, etc.) I'm sure that whatever problems they had they could not overcome, so they decided to split peacefully. Better to split and both be happy than to continue living a farce or not be happy, IMHO.

On the 'what does she get' side, I'm no legal expert in Illinois divorce law. But here in Texas, the spouse is entitled to 1/2 of ALL marrital assets, which includes everything (money, house, cars, clothes, furniture, stocks, bonds, 401ks, etc., etc.) The exception is inheritence. Also, when children are concerned, the child support payments come AFTER the 1/2 split. Unfortunately we have 2 couples we know going through divorces. It isn't pretty, but at least these couples, who have kids, understand that getting ugly about it doesn't help anyone, especially the kids..

Bob_Mandel

Stunt Coordinator
It has been long known around here that Michael has been seeing some blonde chick (and seen not by me, but trusted members of the family)... and that Scottie Pippen is a terrible tipper!

And, I, sir, am one of those who never wanted him to comeback... especially as anything other than a Bull. And I loved him during those Bull years...enough to shell out $500 and a $1000 to see him win a championship (against Seattle), and his previous last game at the United Center (the game before he made his previous last shot). My favorite memory of that loss was the idiotic "Jazzman" fan (replete with "Jazzman" license plate around his bald-headed neck) all psyched by the win going back to Utah... and the shots of him after Michael ripped out their hearts the next game... again. Ah, Bull's fans.

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
reports/speculation out today is that she pressured him to retire both times and part of the falling out was her not wanting to put up with his return once again (as well as the infidelity, but that isn't exactly NEW information she has, so she has probably just changed and now needs something different).

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Hell, just give her the house, cars, 100 million or so and hit the road.
He'll make tons more so he won't be hurting at all plus he'll always have his pick of women but I bet he won't be foolish enough to marry them :)
Jeff

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
The latest news I heard on the New York stations is that his wife has had him followed by a private investigator for the past 4 years.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
There is a report that there was a POST-nuptial agreement signed about three years after they were married, so it's possible she may get less (or more) than half.

Bob_Mandel

Stunt Coordinator
On the radio today a lawyer spoke about pre-nupts, such as Jackie O's, which basically had different levels of compensations depending on how many years she and JFK were married, and speculated that Juanita had passed some threshhold that put her into a different bracket... possibly explaining why she waited so long.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Bob,

That would be sensible, but if the part about the private investigator is true (which is a big if) I would think MJ could argue that she was plotting the divorce all along and that she should only be entitled to the level of compensation from four years ago or whenever the spying started.

With the staggering amount of money involved ($400-500 million) you would think they could compromise on a fair number. If the actual net worth is $400 million, I think $150 million for her plus child support would be fair.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Hmm.. My math teacher said he was like cheating on her with 7 other women... i didnt hear bout that though... rumor???
Dont ask why we were talking about adultery in math class, my teacher's weird... :D

DennisHP

Second Unit
I read that a private detective, hired by his wife, followed him and reported seeing him with several women other than his wife over the past year or so. I wonder if that would have anything to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks