What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Miami Vice complete series on DVD, when or ever? (1 Viewer)

Randy Streck

Auditioning
I have been waiting for along time for this series to come on DVD, are we ever going to get it? This is one of the best shows in th mid 80's and I know allot of people are waiting for this TV series to come to DVD. DOes anyone know when or what the hold up is? Also is there any info on when if ever Ice Station Zebra will be released on DVD? One of my favorite all time movies along with Where Eagles Dare (already have). Thanks Randy

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Universal would love to release the show. The problem is the music rights. Every episode had 2-5 big name songs in it. The costs to get the rights would make the set unaffordable. But, hopefully, this could change.

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa Ha.... :D

Use the search function mate. All will be revealed!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Craig, here's some interesting news...

Apparently Michael Denzel doesn't represent Universal Studios, at least not according to anyone that I've recently spoken to. People at Universal are looking into him, but he's more than likely a fraud. I have no idea why he would be sending out fake letters saying he'll sue people, but it looks like it's true. I've tried calling Denzel a few times and he doesn't return my calls.

Gord

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was odd Universal would threaten to sue someone who had no copyrighted material on their site. This explains a lot.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it was Dan. At the time I had no contacts at Universal and really had no way to investigate it. He did send me a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo, and I spoke to him on the phone.

I'd like to know what he has against the show. It seems pretty odd to waste time emailing people to tell them not to talk about MV coming out on DVD.

Gord

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
Some of us think it may be a ex member of the forum who got booted off for being a prick last summer. Thats pretty thin though. At least now we can start showing support for the show even in the face of the huge music problems it has.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
I'd like to know what he has against the show. It seems pretty odd to waste time emailing people to tell them not to talk about MV coming out on DVD.
There are a lot of strange people out there, especially when you get into fanatical discussions about something with a devoted following.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
So true Randy, and thanks for cluing me in that he probably doesn't represent Universal.

Gord
P.S. Do we have a lawyer here that I can run a few things by? If so, just email me.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I'm no lawyer, but I've watched a lot of The Practice and Ally McBeal and I'm pretty sure if you can track this guy down you and Universal would both have civil claims not to mention that it's a crime to impersonate a lawyer.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Was there actual law stuff discussed on Ally McBeal? all I learned from that show was that I'm not as insane as she is, and I hate the damn dancing baby.

Gord

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I took it down after I was contacted by Mr. Denzel again. He accused me of slander and defamation. The news is gone, but the show remains on the site. I'm going to take a few hours today and see if I can track down ANYONE at Universal who has heard of him. Here are some interesting things:

1) www.universalediting.com goes to a GeoCities server.

2) There has never been anything at the domain.

3) The registration of the domain was not done by Mr. Denzel, yet the email address is the same.

4) Universal Editing is not registered as a trademark, at least not that I can find. I think a law firm specializing in trademark infringement would trademark their own company name.

5) Searching for Universal Editing Inc on Google only turns up items relating to Miami Vice.

6) Searching for the phone number he provided me also turns up a Miami Vice-related post from "Mike Simmons," apparently with Universal Editing.

7) The phone number provided has never been answered by anyone and goes straight to voice mail.

8) I have tried to contact Mr. Denzel repeatedly over the past year on various matters, yet I only receive a response once I post that Miami Vice has returned to the site.

9) The person working in the legal department of Universal Studios responsible for sending out cease & desist letters, and DMCA violations has never heard of Mr. Denzel.

10) People very high up in the marketing department at Universal Studios have never heard of Mr. Denzel.

11) Mr. Denzel won't provide me with the name of someone at Universal Studios that he represents.

12) I'm being told to remove Miami Vice from the site because they have no plans to release the show EVER, and feel that by allowing people to vote for the show on the site it is giving fans hope that it might come out one day. Amazon.com offers the same service as TVShowsOnDVD.com. Apparently by allowing people to vote for the show it's causing them negative publicity which they do not want, so in order to stop it they will sue me? Okay, I have 62,000+ registered users...I can turn this into a lot of negative publicity.

13) As Randy pointed out to me, companies can't sue for discussion on a show or topic, which is basically what we're doing.

14) I live in Canada. They would have to sue me here. We don't allow stupid lawsuits in this country.

In Mr. Denzel's latest email he was very upset that I had posted personal information about him on the internet. The only thing I've posted is his name. No email address, no phone number, nothing but his name.

So there it is. He said that he'll call me later this week, but I'd rather not take his call. I want everything to be in email so I can refer to it later, or forward it to people at Universal.

Gord

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Thgis whole thiong sounds Bogus. I'd like to see Mr. Densel for who he really is probably a guy with too much time on his hands.

I asked my brother in law who is a lawyer and he said it is unlikely that it if this was a real concern that he woulden't call you back. He suggested you call Universal and investigate the problem head on. He said it is also unlikely Universal has a renegade lawyer on their hands and this person is no real threeat and should be ignored.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks