What's new

MGM-When will we see SUMMER LOVERS and RECKLESS? (1 Viewer)

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
These two classic early eighties time capsules, both graced by the lovely Daryl Hannah, are in dire need of new, anamorphic widescreen transfers. There is significant interest in these titles and with the wealth of catalog titles MGM has been releasing, I hope it's only a matter of time before we see these on DVD.
Jon
Link Removed Link Removed

Andy Shepherd

Auditioning
I've been a huge fan of Summer Lovers since it's release in 1982.
I'd dearly love to see a DVD of this film release on its 20th anniversary next year.
Andy.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Why do I recall that MGM were going to be releasing Summer Lovers next year? Is it in the last chat transcript?
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | DVD reviews at dOc

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Jeff-
Unfortunately, MGM has not yet announced SUMMER LOVERS. I believe there have been other films with SUMMER and/or LOVE in their titles that have been announced by MGM recently, but nothing indicating 1982's SUMMER LOVERS (Orion).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
A vote here for Reckless. I loved that movie!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!
Do you like TV on DVD? Then check THIS out!
.....http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/.....

chris w-c

Agent
Valerie Quennessen, the little french girl in 'Summer Lovers' as well as the princess in 'Conan the Barbarian', was killed in a car accident sometime in 1990. So who knows what is delaying this DVD release, maybe her family is weird about any existing footage with her in it. Only time will tell.
-Chris W-C

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I kind of thought that "Reckless" might be a Warner title right now. I'm probably wrong, though. Either way, I've heard it was decent, though I haven't seen it. I do know that the soundtrack features 80s new-wave artists Romeo Void. So, MGM or Warner, whoever owns the copyright, please release it.
Never say never.
Sincerely,
John Kilduff
------------------
"Who makes it happen?"
"I make it happen"-
Sigourney Weaver and Melanie Griffith in "Working Girl"

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
John-
I think you are right about RECKLESS. I started this thread just before that long thread about Warner titles. RECKLESS does have the Turner tag on it and is a pre-1986 MGM title so I guess it is Warner's. I was kind've hoping it was still MGM's. I think it would have better shot there than at Warner. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
You are also right about the soundtrack. Great collection of songs--"Nvr Say Nvr" is used really creatively, in what might be the best scene in the film. There are a few INXS tunes from SHABAH SHOOBAH that are used to great effect as well. And Thomas Newman contributes a great, moody score in his first film effort. His band Children of 13 have a great song that plays at the opening of the film. Unfortunately, there was no official soundtrack released. Though the INXS and Romeo Void material is available elsewhere, the Newman material (Children of 13 included) has never been released.
Cheers,
Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks