What's new

Metroid Fusion (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
Wow! I can't wait for this to come out. I think I'm more excited for this than the Gamecube version coming out. Check out some screenshots here.
-Andre F

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I'd be even more interested than what I am if there was a way I could play GBA on a TV, ala Super Game Boy.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
I'd be even more interested than what I am if there was a way I could play GBA on a TV, ala Super Game Boy.
I'm definitely with you there--the great buzz I heard about this title from E3 really got me excited for some old-school, Super Metroid 2-D action, but I have a hard time spending several hours on a game on the GBA. I still have never finished any of the three Zelda Game Boy titles, just 'cause I can't stand playing on the tiny screen--and the Zelda series is one of my favorites. I'd love to have some sort of GBA to GameCube adapter so I could play the GBA on my 32" TV.

The only Game Boy titles I've ever really gotten my money's worth out of are simple, pick-up-and-play titles like Namco Museum, Super Dodge Ball, and the Mario Golf and Tennis games. . .

-mwb-

ChrisLee

Stunt Coordinator
There is an adapter aparently to feed the video from the gba to a tv. Only thing its Japanese and would require you to mod the gba thus terminating the warrenty.

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
I'm more pumped about Metroid Prime, but Metroid Fusion is looking just as great. I like the whole idea of the fusion with a metroid and how it actually plays a part of the gameplay. Here is the trailer:
Link Removed (windows media)
There is an interesting scene at the end of the trailer...
Samus Aran's old armor steps out and blasts Samus away!
What is that all about? I can't wait to find out! :D

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Why would it mean modding your GBA? I thought that all of the systems were the same worldwide?

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Why would it mean modding your GBA? I thought that all of the systems were the same worldwide?
I think by "modding", he means that you have to open it up and tinker with the electronics in order to install the GBA-to-TV adapter. Not "modding" in the sense that you'd have to mess with your American-bought GBA to play a Japanese GBA game, or whatever.

I'm a total dumb-ass when it comes to electronics, so I'm staying away of all of the new unofficial GBA enhancement devices like the Afterburner (back-lit screen device) and the TV adapter. If Nintendo would put out official versions of those things, I'd probably fork over nearly whatever they would ask for them in a heartbeat. Oh well. . .

-mwb-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks