What's new

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
You might want to look into something as simple and inexpensive as some black felt fabric that you can use some thumbtacks to adjust to move the masking - having that border can make a huge difference in perceived contrast.
I would Josh but I go from 1:33 to scope daily and sometimes during the same day. I would have to spend a lot of time changing it. Our theater is also a guest room so no room for hangers etc. Hopefully someday I can change it - would love to as I agree with you on perceived contrast (would love to be able to paint the ceiling black too but it's not in the cards.) Just glad to have a theater.

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
Following the December New York premiere of our SANGAREE restoration, we were delighted to receive this very gracious thank you note from the beautiful and legendary Arlene Dahl.

You will soon get to see Arlene's dashing husband Fernando Lamas on 3-D Blu-ray once again in JIVARO!

Check out this fascinating article by Hillary Hess for information on the cancelled 3D re-teaming of Arlene and Fernando in CHUBASCO. http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/jivaro

Arlene-Dahl-thank-you-note.jpg

she has a wonderful script, handwriting still very fluid in advancing years.

Thought she was great in Sangaree... real presence.

I don't suppose anyone got a chance to ask her what happened with Chubasco. Although whatever that was about, whether it was close to happening or just some vague proposal is of little consequence now. After Jivaro, even if it had gone ahead, it probably wouldn't have been a 3-D film, the ship had sailed at that point.

- I wish she'd made as many 3-D movies as Rhonda!

Last edited:

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
... interesting, that would've been before everyone decided '3-D was dead', and that was a WB release, I thought Warners were fairly gung-ho on 3D. Perhaps they abandoned it because 3-D equipment was in high demand with Hondo or whatever else was filming at the time.

Of course, if it had been 3-D, at this point it'd be just another 3-D vault film for WB to neglect! The 2d film they made doesn't rate highly and seems all but forgotten, so with the added complexity of 3-D restoration, it wouldn't be high on their restoration priorities.

Last edited:

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
An old Stereo World magazine featuring a story on a Canadian short called Wilderness shot in dual 65mm 3-D. Plus a short piece on what's new at the time: Owensby 3-D movies.

Enjoy:

https://www.stereoworld.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/SW_V11_6.pdf

P.S. I wonder if the 3-D Film Archive has done any work preserving an 65mm 3-D films.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Bob with the news of :four – and possibly five – vintage 3-D gems for release in 2019! When can we expect an announcement for one following Jivaro?

Thanks for asking, Matt.

At this point, it's looking like the Nudie-Cuties double feature will be next. Get ready to experience Francis Ford Coppola's THE BELLBOY AND THE PLAYGIRLS in all it's restored stereoscopic splendor!

Bellboy-Master.gif

Jobla

Supporting Actor
I think that poster misspells the name of Karin Dor, the beautiful German actress. Perhaps they were attempting to Americanize her name?

What label is releasing this? Kino Lorber?

Looking forward to it.

jtchance

Grip
Real Name
Michael Verderosa
Thanks for asking, Matt.

At this point, it's looking like the Nudie-Cuties double feature will be next. Get ready to experience Francis Ford Coppola's THE BELLBOY AND THE PLAYGIRLS in all it's restored stereoscopic splendor!

View attachment 54709
Bob I seem to recall you hinted at some westerns in the works. Can you say anything further on the subject yet?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Sorry, Michael. After an unfortunate incident a few months ago when an over anxious individual went over our heads to confirm a title (causing some issues) I can no longer drop any hints on future projects.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
Sorry to hear that, Bob. Some upcoming titles, such as the roadshow version of THE BUBBLE, are already known.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks