What's new

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
16 Westerns, wow ... given the chance I'd buy them all! Very exciting time for hints, revelations, announcements. I'm thrilled to bits with all of the recent developments.

I would assume it's one of the two Universal westerns Todd mentioned. I hope this means a deal has been secured with a region B label, if only because it may open the door for additional titles, such as The Glass Web, and the Nat King Cole short, which apparently have rights issues in region A. (I'm not a fan of region-locking, but I accept the reality of the situation.) It would also be very exciting to see a deal worked out for some of the Columbia westerns. I know in region A those generally end up with Mill Creek or Twilight Time, so that might also necessitate an overseas solution.

SAM33

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stewart
I doubt TAZA as it has already been at least somewhat "restored" and was out for the old Sensio system. Although I suppose it might need more work.
We know it's not HONDO or GUN FURY. Our beloved W.W. claims HANNAH LEE.

SO that leaves 12 candidates, correct? At least that's what I think, I ran out of fingers...

S A M 33

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
Based on this post, I'm guessing the Western will be Hannah Lee.

We know it's not HONDO or GUN FURY. Our beloved W.W. claims HANNAH LEE.

As I recall, Wade Williams accepted that the copyright on Hannah Lee had expired. It was one of the reasons he was previously reluctant to finance a digital restoration (if there was no way to protect that investment). It would be preferable by far for a restoration to be undertaken with his cooperation, and full access to whatever elements he has. However if nothing happens in the next year or two, I wouldn't be opposed to proceeding without him, as my understanding is that there is only one other dual print of the film, which may not be in ideal condition, and perhaps in danger of deteriorating.

I hope he is true to his word about this. Either way, it can and should be done. If he wanted to prove the naysayers wrong, Wade could surprise us all by getting his full 3-D catalogue on disc before WB.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
This mystery western makes it 21 Golden Age features either already released or announced. For those keeping track:

Warner-3
Universal-3
Twilight Time-5
3D Film Archive-10 (not counting Universal)

Not too shabby. I will take it.

My hope is that Bob and company have managed to strike deals with Universal and Columbia. Because that would make it an additional 7 movies. If TT actually does Gorilla at Large and Wade Williams does his three, that would put the number at an astounding 32, or one less than the first 3D Film Expo.

Columbia would be with TT.

Todd, Please respond to our conversation!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
chlkqfvpce12s1k.jpg

If it is Revenge of the Creature, I hope it's 2:1 (if that's what it's supposed to be). That would fill my wall to the sides and above my speakers - about 69 by 138.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
I also need a Horrorscope viewer pleasey, Bela looks superb on it.

Quite a coincidence seeing that as I'm just about to remake my 1960's childhood Standard 8mm cine film version home movie of Dracula using my first cine camera although I'm somewhat older and missing quite a bit of hair now! :blink:

Reading the above lists of classic 3D gems put my name down for them all truly amazing movies especially Revenge of the Creature.
We projected Creature from the black lagoon 3D here to a bunch of Creature fans and they oh so loved it.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes

Quite a coincidence seeing that as I'm just about to remake my 1960's childhood Standard 8mm cine film version home movie of Dracula using my first cine camera although I'm somewhat older and missing quite a bit of hair now! :blink:

Reading the above lists of classic 3D gems put my name down for them all truly amazing movies especially Revenge of the Creature.
We projected Creature from the black lagoon 3D here to a bunch of Creature fans and they oh so loved it.
I showed The Creature From the Black Lagoon in 3-D to my cousin a couple nights ago and he said it was like watching it for the first time. Bring on Revenge!!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

You made a 8mm Dracula as a kid? You should put on YouTube. Love to see. The years have passed and now you're a bit "long in the tooth"? That should come in handy for Dracula. :lol:

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Pardon me if anyone's posted this already, but I just got word that some 3-D RARITIES will be shown at Alamo Drafthouse. Don't know what, when, or at which locations yet.

Last edited:

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Last edited:

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
Cease Fire, The Maze, BELLBOY and ADAM AND 6 EVES double feature, a western, maybe Revenge of the Creature, and now Rarities II!

You guys are the best!

Hard to believe, isn't it. I thought progress had been pretty good so far, but it's really shaping up to quite a sensational year ahead. Although that really sounds like more than a year's workload, so I suppose we'll see.

Amazingly our luck doesn't stop there, because you left one out.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks