What's new

McCain Commercials--what's the deal? (1 Viewer)

Rob_J

Stunt Coordinator
What's the deal with these commercials? Every one I have seen so far is just plain wierd. Like the one with the guy with his leg in a cast and a family that seems to be evil, not letting him leave the house. Or this new fry commercial that has a kid depressed about not making the basketball team. They certainly don't make me want to buy anything.

What's wrong with the good ol' "make the product look appealing and they will buy it" approach?

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Reember Roberto Alomar's "Catch da flavur wit da McCain poonch."

McCain has had a lot of terrible terrible ads. I can't think of one that was actually any good.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Yah but Mark it sure sounded good! Irratating as hell, but lots of high end :)
And anyway the girl was kind of cute

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I thought you were talking about John McCain, so that first message in the thread made no sense to me whatsoever.

/Mike

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
None of this thread makes any sense to me. Who or what is McCain?

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
McCain makes everything up here in Canada from french fries (VERY good) to fruit juices/punches to pizza pops. A pretty large company with quite a long history. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is run by the McCain brothers in Nova Scotia (?) Canada.

Was it the McCain brand pizza pops that had that "fried" "baked" commercial where the girl kisses the pizza pop by McCain and it turns into a boy? yep.... some wierd stuff going on there....

Was it McCain which had the Jerry Maguire kid eating their french fries? or was thhat commercial for Heinz?

I don't remember the ones mentioned byy Rob tho. I guess they just aren't memorable to me?!

Rob_J

Stunt Coordinator
The ones I mentioned are both ads for their fries. The one about the basketball team is pretty new I think. I've only seen it once, but that was enough for me to not like it.

Paul: I think you are right about the company being owned by the McCain bros form Nova Scotia. As for the commercial with the kid from Jerry Maguire, I believe that it is a commercial for McCain fries, not Heinz.

I just remembered another crazy commercial they had a while back. It was about a guy and his girlfriend who are going to go out for pizza, but the girl asks if they can't just order in. They make the frozen pizza instead and apparantly they can't tell the difference... yada yada yada... at the end of the commercial, the girl blurts out "Marry me!" and the guy is left with a scared/shocked/dumb look on his face. I never understood that one. It always made me feel like the guy was dating some psycho or something. It turns out they cut out the "marry me" part from the ads for a while, but then brought it back.

For those of you who have no clue about this thread, don't worry, you're not missing anything. Just some commercials that try to make you think there is waaay more to fries than just potatoes.

Trevor H

Second Unit
"baked, baked, baked... fried, fried, fried"
I think they are actually describing their marketing department :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks