What's new

May 3, 2013 Iron Man 3 announced (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
First official photo from Iron Man 3:
d48eb08b_ironman3large.jpeg
Good Night, and Good Luck. is full of men of men in expensive suits.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Every villain in the Iron Man movies is either a variation on Iron Man, or someone who strives to make variations on "Iron Men" armor. Meanwhile, Tony keeps accumulating more armor. I can't wait until the last Iron Man, when everyone in the world has a variation of the armor, called the "iRon" (manufactured by Apple, naturally), and so Tony just goes back to live in that cave.
Also, Tony must have amazing security at his house. Why don't the villains ever just send a nuke directly there? They know who he is, and where he lives.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
If it ever comes to that, Thor shows up in the last five minutes and uses his hammer to send an EMP across the globe and send EVERYBODY back to the cave.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The Mandarin has been confirmed as the villan at the comic con panel.
Happy Hogan: “Of course I quit. Do you know what it was like when I would tell people what my job was? ‘I’m Iron Man’s bodyguard.’ They’d laugh in my face. Now you’re off with the Super Friends, I don’t know what’s going on with you anymore. My grandmother lives in Manhattan, alright. She jumped out of a second story window last year because she saw a giant snake robot coming out of the sky!”

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Gotta say I don't usually nitpick over stuff like this, but I HATE that new armor. Looks like he fell down in the mud. The Mark III armor will always be the best look IMHO.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Here's a better picture of the new armor. You can see more red in this one, but I think it could still use more.
6fe94676_newarmor.jpeg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Some new pics of the armor on set.
And here's iron man and war machine with a new paint job

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
While I still prefer the traditional color scheme, I'm starting to warm to the new look. Especially if on film it looks more like the concept art shown here which actually looks really cool.
I'm thinking about the new Spider-Man outfit that looked a bit odd in the production images but looked fine in the actual film.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Marvel's official synopsis of Iron Man 3:
Marvel Studios’ Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?
And on Tuesday (the 23rd) we should get the first trailer!

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
"Teaser" for the trailer! It's about 10 seconds of footage, but pretty darn cool.

The full trailer will be out on Tuesday

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Judging by the few shots in that teaser clip, the new suit in action looks a lot better in motion than it has in the stills. There's a lot of red in the joints that isn't visible when the suit is standing upright but is visible when Iron Man's moving.
Thanks for staying on top of everything Marvel movie-related, Sean.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I agree. We'll get an even better look at it on Tuesday, but the glimpses in action do look better than the still shots and more like what we've seen in some of the concept artwork (which also looks better than the stills).
Yeah, I need to have something to feed my fun movie obsession, and Marvel has really been taking care of that. I've always loved movies and always will. But sometimes my interest can wane a bit if there isn't really anything going on in the world of movies that grabs me. It seems in the years following the The Lord of the Rings films there was always good stuff coming out here and there, but nothing that I really felt the need to "follow", you know? Now I'm really excited again as this stuff has energized my inner kid when it comes to movie interest.
I think what Marvel has done by creating a shared movie Universe on this level is just so cool and ... FUN! I remember when I was a teen thinking how cool it would be if there was an actual "shared movie universe" like what you have in the comics and always being disappointed when realizing just how unrealistic that wish was and unlikely it would be to ever get that kind of thing with movies. And here we are with Marvel doing exactly that with such success! It really blows my mind. I feel like we're smack dab in the middle (or at the beginning) of the Golden Age of comic book movies!
And clearly Marvel's example has inspired other studios that hold Marvel properties to take a look at this model, like what Fox has done with hiring Mark Millar and talk about wanting to have a more "connected universe" in their films. Millar has even said he'd hope that Fox's X-Men and Fantastic Four films can be done in a way that doesn't contradict anything in the official Marvel Cinematic Universe so there could be more of a feeling that it's all one big Universe just like in the comics. Sony was going to let Marvel put Oscorp tower in the New York skyline for the Avengers, but the design wasn't finished in time for Marvel to use it.
Now hopefully DC will be successful with their stuff. They certainly have great potential with Supes, Bats and the Justice League. Good luck to them!
Anyway, it's a great time to love superheroes.
Geek and proud!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks